PDA

View Full Version : Who's higher ranking than the C-A-A?

sacrolicious
12th Feb 2009, 17:30
I'm at the end of my tether with this crowd. I was wondering if anybody can direct me towards an ombudsman or any group I can get in contact with who may help me with a simple administration issue.

I'm not going to go into any more details. Sorry about that.

Please Help.

Spitoon
12th Feb 2009, 17:33
Are you talking about the UK CAA? If so, I'd suggest a letter to the Chairman or the Group Director for whatever bit you're having trouble with.

Sir George Cayley
12th Feb 2009, 20:11
Most country's CAAs are government depts or agencies. In the UK it's the DfT.

In Eire I guess the IAA reports to Dublin, but oim natt shuuore!

In Europe most will have some sort of grievence procedure - in the UK I've heard of Reg 6 appeals but, sorry I don't know more than that.

Good luck anyway, Grand:ok:

Sir George Cayley

SoundBarrier
13th Feb 2009, 00:00
If not the Director then you would go to the minister I woulda thort!

Take no shyte...I'm right behind you waving mah arms!

Fitter2
13th Feb 2009, 08:35
Within Europe national CAAs are now merely agencies for EASA, implementing 'common standards'.

This imposes two levels of incompetent bureaucracy where there was only one before.................

Ministers can ask questions, and then pass on the bureaucrats' answers.

You are stuck with jumping through the hoops and ticking the boxes on the forms, or taking up golf. At least there nobody claims to understand the rules.

Spitoon
13th Feb 2009, 14:36
Within Europe national CAAs are now merely agencies for EASA, implementing 'common standards'.Not true (yet) for all areas.

inbalance
15th Feb 2009, 02:21
It is True for maintenance of commercial ops in Germany.
The LBA is audited by the EASA.
Had both of them for that reason in our office 2 Month ago.

Miles Gustaph
3rd Mar 2009, 16:21
The UK CAA, if that is whom you are talking about, is an independent public authority, responsible to the Sectary of State for enacting the rules and regulations of the ANO.

The ANO is now a composite of legislative work, it forms basic UK compliance to the Chicago Convention which incidentally according to the European Unions Treaty of Rome is more superior to European Union law; since the UK government is a signatory to the European Union and has delegated certain responsibilities to the EU, who in turn have delegated it to EASA, means that the ANO or some other legislative work, is required reflect EASA regulations and directives, which cannot be contrary to the Chicago Convention.

So depending on what your problem is, and who it is with depends on who you may need to talk too, but the UK Sectary of State is the most senior person in the UK to talk too.