PDA

View Full Version : Where to start? Employment......

SonnyCrockett
11th Feb 2009, 12:43
Hello!

About to be furloughed AGAIN from United after TEN years of employment, clean record B767/757,B737,B727,MD80, DC-9, A320/319,Ba-4100,Ba-3100 Six type ratings. 37 years young, single no kids looking to leave the USA since this place sucks for work and trying to make a living....

10,000+ 3000 PIC 121 Jet/turboprop. I am trying to find the best possible direction to head in and looking for any and all advice.

Thanks in advance...

The Real Slim Shady
11th Feb 2009, 12:47
If you can get an IAA validation of your FAA licence and are prepared to put the work in to get a JAR licence try here (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=Jobs&sec=careers&ref=10002)

unb5
11th Feb 2009, 13:24
What happened to the days when all it took to get a decent job was experience? You can tell that times are tuff when an experienced person with quality PIC and total time can't find work. There are plenty of positions out there but no-one will touch you if you don't have a type rating, even if they only require 100 hrs on type....what is up with that mentality ? Perhaps you have plenty of time on heavier or more complex aircraft but you can't get the job you want because there is this mis directed notion that if you don't have the type rating you can't fly the aircraft...Why don't these companies looking for pilots and the companies running the sims talk to one-another and hire preselected candidates to fill the positions ? Maybe these recruitment companies could get on the ball as well. Pilots do want to fly, people do want to work but hey if you don't give us the tools or the means to obtain it than how does it work ??? I think I'm ranting.....

TLBird
11th Feb 2009, 13:28
DHL, ARIK AIR ,Ryan Air, Air india ,air india express all appear to in the process of recruitment.
Google for agencys, pilot recruitment, flightdeck recruitment etc.
Good luck;)

SonnyCrockett
11th Feb 2009, 15:20
Dana Air offered me a job on the MD80....not sure about flying in Western Africa just yet.

I agree with the above poster, many places just want a Type and be ready to go-many don't care about total time or background.

I am trying to avoid the Recruitment compaines (maybe that is wrong thinking) I keep reading about all the problems with various head hunters.

Just trying to build a better network-I will share all the info I get with anyone.

Thanks again guys/gals!

SonnyCrockett
11th Feb 2009, 15:22
I want to avoid PAYING for another type-or funding my recurrent for any company as a condition of employment.

Call me crazy...maybe I am too old school at age "37"

framer
12th Feb 2009, 10:50
B737 NG Captains- Pacific Blue - New Pay!!!! (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/opportunities/details.asp?oppid=967&cat=1) 967 Auckland, New Zealand with possible bases in Christchurch Expected Start Date: Ongoing starts

Probably won't suit but ya never know.
It's a funny little country with funny little salaries but the south island girls
will keep you warm at night. :)

BelArgUSA
12th Feb 2009, 11:47
Hola Sonny - Welcome to the USA-Expatriates Club...
xxx
Myself, I "enjoyed" the situation twice, NOV 1973 and DEC 1991.
Ex-PanAm - And in 1991, I had 15,000 TT and 1,000 PIC on 747.
I slammed the door on USA. At age 47, went overseas, did me good.
Never came back, except for shopping at Wal*Mart, then escaped.
xxx
With your experience, get a JAR ATPL with 737NG or A320 TR if need be.
If an airline there wants you, there are NO tests to get JAR licence.
Your FAA 737/A320 hours/experience will be the only requirement.
Just a PC sim check required.
Many foreign carriers have openings for experienced pilots.
Do not count on Obama to give a few $$$ to UAL...
Hugs to ALPA as well, and do not expect any help from them.
xxx
If need any suggestions, please PM me. Now happily retired in Brazil.
:ok:
Happy contrails

SonnyCrockett
12th Feb 2009, 11:52
Ha! HA! Good advice!

I want to be happily retired in Brazil soon!

I will send ya a PM.

Happy Contrails...

SonnyCrockett
13th Feb 2009, 15:16
Looks like you need to be a Austrailan national for Pacific Blue