PDA

View Full Version : EY Hold Pool Seniority Number

kempilot
9th Feb 2009, 03:23
How many of you guys have a seniority number in the pool? If you received a number, have you heard anything since receiving the number?
Thanks

quidditch ace
9th Feb 2009, 17:07
Do you have a number in the holding pool? Didn't know they existed! Been told all holding pool pilots who are still current will get a job. Not till after June or July and most likely longer to wait than that as courses are still in planning stage.

RemoveB4Flght
9th Feb 2009, 17:35
with zero loyalty to the pilots who passed the assessment and will lapse currency by then...

CanadaRocks
9th Feb 2009, 18:16
Hiring should start soon, if it has not already...EY are getting some A346 ahead of schedule.

Laker
9th Feb 2009, 19:50
Yes but those in the pool were hired for the 320. It doesn't seem like EY is willing to put 320 pilots in 340 ground school.

Quiditch Ace,

Are you sure they are just going to dump non-current pilots from the pool??? Are you going on rumor or did you hear that directly from HR? If that is the case it would have been nice to hear that 3 months ago. Especially for those that passed on other employment opportunities in order to wait for EY.

portapottysalesman
9th Feb 2009, 22:24
I attended the roadshow in AUG and it was clearly mentioned during the presentation that *if* currency was an issue those affected would be offered the long course. Hopefully they will keep their word for those that are in this situation :=

kempilot
9th Feb 2009, 22:30
I am in the pool and did receive a number. I am still current, but I also know of 1 pilot that goes non current at the end of April. He was told that they took the guys (6) that are going non current and made a "non current" list.
I am not sure what all this means ......... but I have my own opinion.

Fubaliera
9th Feb 2009, 23:34
EK should learn from EY

saviboy
10th Feb 2009, 00:42
does anybody know how big are the classes that were held in the past and present?

thanks.

portapottysalesman
10th Feb 2009, 16:30
Kempilot- care to share what your "opinion" is?

kempilot
10th Feb 2009, 18:46
Portapottysalesman,

Recruiting is saying that currency is not a problem, but I was told by an instructor at EY that you have to have 4 t/o and landings per GCAA if you are not current. My thoughts are since they separated the list and have the six pilots on a different list, they are not planning on dumping these guys.

My opinion(which does not count for much..... you know what they say about opinions) is these six will probably get called ahead of some with higher pool numbers, or get a long course on 330 or 340 if they go non current.

portapottysalesman
11th Feb 2009, 15:44
Kempilot- that would be the best scenario for those guys. That whole situation has to "sting". I hope nothing but the best for them (or atleast some answers). :)

RemoveB4Flght
11th Feb 2009, 19:40
Sting it certainly does... especially after being offered a class date and having it withdrawn.. only to find out now we might not even be considered for the job...

A little info would go a long way right about now.

portapottysalesman
25th Feb 2009, 16:23
Wonder what their #'s are in the pool?? Perhaps 1-6? Must be nice :ugh:

First emirati cadet pilots graduate from flight training
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:55 PM

Etihad Airways’ first group of Emirati cadet pilots have successfully gained their airline transport pilot licence (ATPL) and graduated from flight training at the Horizon International Flight Academy in Al Ain.

The pilots were conferred by Horizon Academy with their flying wings in a ceremony at Etihad’s training academy in Abu Dhabi which was attended by family and friends of the pilots as well as senior management from Etihad Airways and Horizon.

The six Emirati pilots - Khalid Saeed, Ebrahim Haidar, Abdullah Al-Afifi, Ahmed Yousef Ahmed, Mohamed Al-Menhali and Ayman Abdulla Bin Jathnan – started the 18 month course in June 2007 and have now joined the airline as second officers.

James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive, said: “The graduation of our first Emirati cadet pilots from Horizon Academy is a very proud moment for everyone at Etihad Airways. As the national airline of the UAE it is vital that we have Emiratis working in all areas of the company and so to have our own ‘home grown’ pilots in our ranks is fantastic.

“The six Emirati pilots are an inspiration to us all and we wish them the very best of luck as they now enter the next phase of their careers with Etihad and practice and study full time at our brand-new training academy.”

As second officers the pilots will now undertake a multi-crew co-operation course and an Airbus A320 type conversion course which will enable them to fly as co-pilots on the Etihad Airways Airbus A320 short haul fleet.

The cadet pilots will spend much of the time during the type conversion course in Etihad’s A320 full-flight simulator as well as training in the development of non-technical skills applicable to working in a multi-crew environment. After approximately six months they complete their final checks and will qualify as A320 first officers.

Mohammed Humaidan Al Zaabi, general manager of Horizon International Flight Academy, said: “It is a great privilege for Horizon to have been chosen by Etihad to train these young pilots in the first step of their careers.

“The UAE has a strong history of producing highly trained pilots and Horizon and Etihad can be proud to have played a part in the continuation of this story.”

In order to gain the frozen ATPL the cadet pilots had to complete 750 hours of classroom tuition and 205 hours flight training in single and multi-engine aircraft. During this time they all passed the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority’s theoretical knowledge and flying exams.

Etihad’s Emirati cadet pilot programme has grown considerably since it was launched in January 2007 and now boasts 55 UAE nationals who are currently training to become fully qualified pilots with the UAE’s national airline.

In addition to the cadet pilot programme, Etihad Airways’ Emiratisation initiatives focus on two other streams which include the technical engineering development programme and graduate management development programme.

Etihad now also has two international cadet pilot courses which run alongside the five Emirati courses at Horizon Academy. The two groups contain 24 cadet pilots from countries around the world including Hungary, Canada and the United Kingdom.

EYXW
25th Feb 2009, 18:49
Wonder what their #'s are in the pool?? Perhaps 1-6? Must be nice

To be fair I would assume (wrongly or rightly) that the cadets intake into the A320 fleet was planned sometime before those currently in the Hold Pool - That surely being the point of the scheme????

triggs123
3rd Mar 2009, 23:31
anyone know what the current time to command isin Etihad?? Cheers :ok:

shortfuel
4th Mar 2009, 06:46
We are now around 390 F/O...
My guess would be between 3 and 5 years.

Chandler Bing
4th Mar 2009, 14:00
Heard in the corridors of Mussafah that the upgrades were posponed for a year at least.

No upgrades anymore for 2009 onwards, so think closer to 6 to 8 years to command like EK !!!!!!!!!!!

CanadaRocks
4th Mar 2009, 17:47
Chandler! I know this is a rumour network, but come on! Do you think anybody living in Mussafah has a clue to what's going on with upgrades!!! I'm flying with someone who is doing his upgrade next month...and not on the 320! 330 upgrade.

Jetjock330
4th Mar 2009, 18:21
Drink Canada Dry on the Rocks is correct. There guys are doing upgrade training as we speak, and it is not on the A320!

More A320's coming, plus new destination's. Just today I read about Larnaca (http://www.logistics-business-review.com/article_news.asp?guid=710757D0-7DD6-4A3A-8AF0-7E7D0C788247) , as another new destination in June, which would mean more expansion and the requirement for more pilots and upgrades.

Chandler Bing
5th Mar 2009, 01:54
There are twice as many pilots needed fore the number of A320's !!!
they are as many per aircraft on the A320 than on the A330.....
more than 14 pilots per aircraft plus 35 instructors for 9/10 aircrafts
Don't know who worked out the figures, but they are damn wrong.....
most airlines wouldn't survive with such a heavy penalty.......
All the guys there , fly 30 hours a month so don't hope of too many upgrades nor employement from the hold pool on this fleet !!!! even with a couple of aircrafts deliveries

what about new destinations anyway if you don't happen to have any lay over but a terrible Minsk in a pathetic hotel....?
All the others are turn arounds, low cost Ryanair style.

We will have to pay soon to go to the toilets or to have a bottle of water , or even to be f:mad:d by the management

shortfuel
5th Mar 2009, 07:01
Chandler, so for you it's either we work like crazy (too many flights, minimum rest, always tired...) or we are overstaffed and that should be another reason to whinge about.

83 F/O for 12 A/C: := does not make more than 14. Another SMBZ rumour?

We expect 5 A320 this year (=40% fleet increase), so maybe the numbers aren't so wrong. Other airlines stopped recruitment months ago, so what is wrong in hiring more pilots even if it's not absolutely necessary now.
There is an expansion plan...

And flying less is another good opportunity to enjoy your private life :ok:

Chandler Bing
6th Mar 2009, 11:16
Shortfuel,

1/ 14 pilots per aircrafts makes 7 of each capt and f/o , which is something close to 30 to 40 % more than any other A320 operator, not including the instructors who can fly both seats.....
So much for a SMBZ runor...just fact and you metnionned the correct figure more than 82 F/O's for 12 aircrafts

2/ 5 moreplane to come, believe it or not, but even if it happens to become true, wait and see til they really come out of the Gamco hangar.

3/ You have been there a long time enough to still think that there is any kind of planning, thinking ahead of any kind here in the sand pit .....?? You don't seem to be that candid.....
So why is Finance dept complaining and on A320 fleet's back every week....?

Moaning is not the purpose and as you well said, let's enjoy the free time while we still have some in between the numerous Stand-by duties

Togalk
8th Mar 2009, 06:21
I hear all the interviews for the next month or so have been postponed.

NineInchSnail
8th Mar 2009, 14:56
Close to 50 pilots in the holding pool with no class in sight until this summer. It should be enough to cover most of the needs until Fall. I would be surprised if interviews resume before the summer.

saviboy
8th Mar 2009, 23:03
it s not even sure there will be a class in the summer for the poolies, is it?

kempilot
13th Mar 2009, 00:44
Well, I heard from EY today that I will remain in the pool for the rest of the year. I applied for DEC. Most of the FOs in the pool are getting requests for reference info. and accident/incident records. They are being told classes will start in July. No EY for me I guess:sad:

jmfkukoc
13th Mar 2009, 08:55
That's for A320?, What about A330 or A340?
Thanks

cantilever
13th Mar 2009, 15:36
I understand there will be no DEC recruitment on any fleet for the immediate future, only R seat and type rated.

jmfkukoc
13th Mar 2009, 16:59
__Wich fleet?