PDA

View Full Version : Skywriting....

BUMFISH
8th Feb 2009, 10:54
It's something that I haven't seen around these parts for a while. Does anyone know of any operators still doing this in SEQ?

Lasiorhinus
8th Feb 2009, 11:13
Theres a skywriter in Brisbane...

mcgrath50
8th Feb 2009, 11:37
How DO you become a skywriter? It's a business I have never seen advertised? I am assuming it's just an endorsement like any other 'special' maneuver.

Runaway Gun
8th Feb 2009, 16:47
Passing an English spelling test who stuff 90% of the pilots here on Pprune.

God I do hope I didn't make any speling erors in this post.

jportzer
8th Feb 2009, 23:10
It's something that I haven't seen around these parts for a while. Does anyone know of any operators still doing this in SEQ?There's been a lot of skywriting over Sydney Harbour this summer so someone's doing it in NSW...

Teal
9th Feb 2009, 01:45
There was one on Saturday over Melbourne. I think it read "Stay cool" but the first word was obliterated by winds before the second word was finished

Wasn't easy as the temps climbed to 46.4°C (and 47.9° at Avalon) with a hot northerly wind gusting.:{

gettin' there
9th Feb 2009, 04:48
Think you will find that the majority of the stuff that is done on the east coast is all done by the one guy.

motivated68
9th Feb 2009, 05:32
there was one over Adelaide last week !

flog
9th Feb 2009, 07:49
No endorsement as such - there's a requirement for O2 as most of it done pretty high up I imagine - aside from that it's just being able to do it!

ditchin
9th Feb 2009, 09:04
just out of interest, does anyone know how high it's done? or how the f#$k they know how to write the letters so well? is it all plotted on a gps or what?

AEIO-540
9th Feb 2009, 09:46
GPS is only used to work out the winds and where to start the first letter so that it drifts over the point you want it. Other than that it is all done on timing and the old MK1 eyeball.