PDA

View Full Version : FAA training in UK

Squeegee Longtail
7th Feb 2009, 20:44
Any recommendations for S. England? I need to finish off a course and take the checkride. Are there any examiners still in UK?

lharle
7th Feb 2009, 22:24
I know that there is one guy in europe, he goes all over the place I think.
Anyway, his office is in le touquet.

TelBoy
8th Feb 2009, 02:43
Willow Air at Southend I think could help you.

SergeD
8th Feb 2009, 07:48
This (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=52060) is a fun read for anybody......................

Duchess_Driver
8th Feb 2009, 08:38
John Page

Home | General (http://www.taauk.net)

Mainly glass stuff, but does do clockwork as well.

Mike Cross
8th Feb 2009, 18:47
Don't know about the training but there are two Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE) in the UK.

Contact details are

HUGHSTON, THOMAS P
39 SYDNEY DYE COURT SPORLE
KINGS LYNN NORFOLK PE322EE
UK
Phone: 011 447710564421

FAA Office: EA29

Aircraft: CE-421-421, DA-42-42, PA-34-200, PA-44-180

HOUSE, ADAM
THE OLD DAIRY QUARRY LANE
SNARESTONE DERBYSHIRE DE127DD
UK
Phone: 011441530273866

FAA Office: EA29

Aircraft: AGUSTA-A109-A, AS-355-F2, BHT-206-B, R-22-22, R-44-44

FAA link here. (http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/ifo/nyc_ifo/dpe/)

Tom Hughston's website is here. (http://www.faaeurope.us/)

SergeD
10th Feb 2009, 12:19
Don't u just luv this man's terms and conditions - quote from faaeurope.us website:

It is entirely the applicant and their instructor's responsibility to ensure the required paper work and applications are correct. If the required paperwork is not correct upon my arrival, all proceedings will be immediately discontinued and all fees and expenses will be forfeited.

3. Last but not least, a huge display of bad judgement after the flight test, DISCUSSING THE FLIGHT TEST WITH ANYONE IN ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH within earshot of the examiner!

I better make real sure I dont get any phone calls from France on my cellphone after finishing the test! What is he going to do, cancel the certificate he has signed?

scooter boy
10th Feb 2009, 13:02
Serge,
The attitudes expressed in TH's website are indicative of the personality of the man.

I have not fallen foul of him but there are an increasing number who have.

SB

B2N2
11th Feb 2009, 21:31
Captain Tom Hughston, ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI & DPE

So remind me, there used to be a long thread about it...why call yourself Captain?

Cheerio,

Captain B2N2 :8

Pace
11th Feb 2009, 22:58
Try Bill Tollet at Oxford a super guy, really easy to get on with and loves aviation. Can do JAA and FAA and wont rip you off.

Pace

jez d
12th Feb 2009, 10:12
Try Bill Tollet at Oxford a super guy, really easy to get on with and loves aviation. Can do JAA and FAA and wont rip you off.

Couldn't agree more

jez

SergeD
13th Feb 2009, 14:24
It gets better guys (new edited faaeurope.us website)

*BUSY BUSINESS MEN/WOMEN APPLICANTS: Please, Please don't have your non-pilot PA, secretary, spouse, friend, non-FAA instructor etc., call me to discuss the technical requirements for your training and/or flight test. This practice is a real time waster & extremely counter productive. Also, PAs or secretaries that phone me because their boss wishes to speak to me and then put me on hold while they check to see if he or she is now ready to speak to me will find that I simply put the phone down. Sorry, but it happens all the time.
*Do not send paperwork to me in advance as I will not review it until the day of the flight test. Paperwork preparation is the responsibility of the applicant & his or her instructor.
*It is extremely unwise to schedule non-flight test related appointments immediately before or after your flight test as this will have no bearing on the time, duration or conduct of the flight test. If it appears that the flight test will conflict with business meetings, holiday plans etc., then re-booking for a later date should be considered.
*PLEASE DO NOT BOOK A FLIGHT TEST UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN COMPLY WITH THE FLIGHT TEST CHECKLIST AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE PRIOR TO MY ARRIVAL.
*YOUR FAA FLIGHT/ENDORSEMENT INSTRUCTOR MUST BE ON HAND ON FLIGHT TEST DAY*

Flight test booking cancellations within less then 72 hours of the scheduled flight test will be subject to a cancellation fee not to exceed 50% of the quoted flight test/s fee payable prior to re-booking as well as all expenses incurred as a result of the booking. Note: weather, illness or any other legitimate reason for cancellation excluded. *** EUROS ONLY EUROS ONLY EUROS ONLY EUROS ONLY***
CASH ONLY!
NO PART OF THE FLIGHT TEST WILL BE CONDUCTED UNTIL FULL PAYMENT IN CASH IS RECEIVED ALONG WITH A SIGNED COPY OF FAA EUROPE LTD's TERMS & CONDITIONS. POSITIVELY NO EXCEPTIONS.