PDA

View Full Version : What are the Ground Handling Companies in GLA

FlightDispatch
7th Feb 2009, 11:07
Dear guys, need your help!!!

What ground handling agents are in GLA and hopefully would hire Flight Dispatchers?

I've searched the web and all I've got is ALBA and Aviance. Are there anymore? And which is the best company to go with.

I've been away from the UK for 6 years and I don't know who's who nowadays.

Thanking you in advance.

glasgow3386
7th Feb 2009, 11:40
There are 4 ground handling companies in Glasgow who are as follows:- Aviance, Servisair, Menzies Aviation and Alba ground handling.
Out of the 4 the one I know who are looking for staff are Alba as they recently got the flybe contract and need staff for that. The rest might be looking for staff for the summer season only.
Hope this helps

FlightDispatch
7th Feb 2009, 13:12
Thanks Bro,

This really helps. At least I know who to speak to if I'm wanting to stay in Glasgow.
What field are you in? I've read some negative things about Alba. Do you know what their like?

td1
8th Feb 2009, 18:19
Alba are a good company to work for now that its under new management it can only get better. dont get me wrong we did have some crazy days last year but that was mainly down to the airline sometimes being overstretched on occassion.

Cluster Bomb
8th Feb 2009, 22:08
Alba are a good company to work for??

Is there another Alba we don't know about?

td1
9th Feb 2009, 16:12
Now that they're under new management things can only get better!!!!

spencer-owen
10th Feb 2009, 14:13
Alba Dispatcher Salary
Hello all

Could anyone please tell me what the dispatcher salary is for Alba ?

Do you get shift pay too ? Do you get staff travel rates with GSM or Flybe

Thanks & best regards,

clearasmud154
10th Feb 2009, 17:27
I believe Alba pay just short of what aviance do - though I stand to be corrected - though both of which are considerably more than Servisair having spoken a couple of their dispatchers! Menzies I believe are the highest payers in GLA though. aviance are likely to be taking on in the next couple of months as well for the BA contract as there are staff expected to head off to pastures new.

Personal experience of both BE and Y2 would suggest that neither will stump up for staff travel, though I believe one or two of the GH's have arrangements with Expedia Corporate as well as the more common Touchdown Holidays, though I've not seen Alba's name mentioned with either.

You can but give it a go :)

DAVYDAY
11th Feb 2009, 11:22
td1 Now under new management..wrong Globespan have been behind the scene since the birth of Alba ,in fact they controlled the financies or lack of them to invest.

The ex Directors actualy knew how to run a ground handling company
the new, well, have no experiance in handling and have already made masive mistakes.

There may NOT be any new jobs as Servisair staff are being TUPED to Alba ,
This means staff will all be in different salary scales..back to the bad old days. and the new directors have banned any intake of staff.
Very good start for new contract.

I think Alba will now have a sort life unfortunatley.:sad: