PDA

View Full Version : Training DVD

Donny Matt
6th Feb 2009, 09:36
Hi everyone ive just started my training for ppl ( just the 1 hour so far )
Hooked instantly and can hardly wait for the next lesson !.
I was considering buying a dvd to assist with the training and came accross this The Complete JAR PPL Flying Course DVD.

Anyone know if its any good - it seems a tad expensive for 2 DVD's - is it really worth it?

Any suggestions for any alternative DVD's would be appreciated.

Cheers

tangovictor
6th Feb 2009, 16:00
I used the Oxford OAT training dvd's rather than the books, except for Nav, which is very confusing, if your buying direct from Oxford OAT great, if you have seen the dvd's elsewhere ie ebay, be very very careful, once loaded onto a pc, they may not load onto another pc, some protection code i think ( I never loaded mine, just played the disc which is slower )
the dvd's are very good and worth paying the full price for :ok:

Donny Matt
6th Feb 2009, 17:39
cheers tangovictor i'll take a look at those.

honda cbx
6th Feb 2009, 17:48
Hi mate. where are you doing your training?

Donny Matt
6th Feb 2009, 18:28
Sherburn mate, just the 1 hour so far but should be every sunday starting soon.

honda cbx
6th Feb 2009, 19:54
I trained there and am a member there, you should enjoy it !! i'm flying up there on sun pm if weather is ok!

kevmusic
7th Feb 2009, 08:26
it seems a tad expensive

Welcome to the world of flying! :} :ok:

DavidHoul52
7th Feb 2009, 10:21
The Complete JAR PPL Flying Course DVD

I bought the one on the Skills Test. Quite useful but unnecessary as I had better advice from my instructor. These DVDs are ridiculously overpriced - they must have cost next to nothing to produce.

sollas
7th Feb 2009, 15:14
I didn't use a DVD, I know some people that have found them useful, although one person said the example questions were very limited.

Going through the books and then spending time with the ppl confuser worked well for me, along with talking to other students or the instructors if I had any issues.

Good luck

sollas

Donny Matt
8th Feb 2009, 18:09
Quote:
it seems a tad expensive
Welcome to the world of flying! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/badteeth.gif :ok:Good point,
Thanks for the advice everyone.:ok: