PDA

View Full Version : Internet/TV/telephone packages in France

Time Traveller
4th Feb 2009, 11:54
Likely to be tackling this one fairly soon. The village has high speed ADSL (no cable), so I am told that we can get a 3 in 1 package as per the title.

Any experiences/recommendations? - If theres an English helpline or documentation that would make life somewhat easier (although not essential)

Duckbutt
4th Feb 2009, 15:50
You don't say what part of France but you could do worse than have a nose around in:

Anglophone-direct.com (http://www.anglophone-direct.com/)

which is set up by a group of expats living in the Languedoc region. Have always found the people on there very helpful.

There is a computor/techie section in their forums which tackle questions such as yours.

spekesoftly
4th Feb 2009, 18:43
Some time ago there was a TV programme comparing the reletive merits of such packages in different countries. It showed what was available in France, and I recall being impressed with the very reasonable price, especially compared to the UK.

shack
5th Feb 2009, 14:23
I live in France and have been very happy with"Free" for the past four years. I am
not into the TV bit as my village is not "bundled" but I get a consistent 2.5mb
which is fine. One of the big bonuses are the free telephone calls to about 80
different countries, saves a lot of money.
Cost €29,90 per month.

AlpineSkier
4th Mar 2009, 17:06
I'm in a small village in the Alps, use Alice for the 3:1 but can't get TV - costs E 35.

Only took the Alice package when I upgraded from dial-up because I had heard of so many problems when switching ISP, but still had an eight-week wait for the changeover.

I only get 1 Mb speed.

Contacting sales or technical support is a nightmare although I speak very good French - main reason being their call-centre is in Marseiles and they apparently employ 90% + of African origin and the accents are very difficult to understand.