PDA

View Full Version : Mesa at Cincinnati

PaperTiger
21st May 2001, 21:35
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010521/hsm025.html
Surprised there's been no reaction here to Mesa's announcement. I don't think they are bluffing. Lots of their own CRJs on order so no 'planes-and-pilots' considerations.

Mert
21st May 2001, 21:53
Most of the members of this site are not American, why are you surprised that they are not concerned with what a regional airline that most of them haven't heard of is doing?

;)

Airbubba
21st May 2001, 22:25
>>Most of the members of this site are not American, why are you surprised that they are not concerned with what a regional airline that most of them haven't heard of is doing?<<

Yep, they are more interested in BA air hostess uniforms and R/T procedures than a 56 day-old strike at an airline larger and more profitable than most in Europe.

That's how they manage to get those 3% pay increases every few years <g>...

[This message has been edited by Airbubba (edited 21 May 2001).]

JRF
21st May 2001, 22:52
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2"> Most of the members of this site are not American, why are you surprised that they are not concerned with what a regional airline that most of them haven't heard of is doing? </font>

Well, perhaps you should take notice, it has nothing to do with the regional itself, but with the industry issue of how strikes are effecting long term compition and what happens when a commuter that is owned 100% by a majour goes on strike. You too in merry old England will have these problems. Better to understand what has happened around the globe then to be stupid and let history repeat itself. Otherwise, you may find yourself out of a nice job and in a nasty one!

Mert
21st May 2001, 23:15
JRF, Sorry if I gave the impression that I was camping on Comair,Mesa, or Americans ( I are an American myself ) I was just explaining to the origional poster why ( in my opinion ) they did not see too much about it on this site.

;)

PaperTiger
21st May 2001, 23:59
"I was just explaining to the original poster why ( in my opinion ) they did not see too much about it on this site."

That would be me :) Surprised considering the length of the Comair TA thread here and seemingly zero reaction to this development. Not important, or everybody sick and tired of it by now ?

[Edited for fat fingering]

[This message has been edited by PaperTiger (edited 21 May 2001).]

DownIn3Green
22nd May 2001, 15:56
JRF,

History is all ready repeating itself...Remember EAL in 1989?

Capn Lucky
22nd May 2001, 18:40
Almost everyone of these guys from the UK knows about Comair because they whine about too many cessnas at SFB.(SFB is the home of Comair Academy) Greetings to all you Kestrels and Jetsetters.

Steve