PDA

View Full Version : Todays Poll..... 'Love him' or 'Loathe him'

Pengineer
8th Nov 2001, 18:10
Heres a chance to gauge the opinion of the airline community on this colorful character,

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/_photos/2001-10-04-oleary.jpg

Love him or loathe him?

(see you in Jetblast!)

Gaza
8th Nov 2001, 18:22
Ambivalent.

dv8
8th Nov 2001, 18:26
BBC2 "Flying Scared"

Did you hear what MOL said to the crew in a high vis. jacket. As he was boarding the B737?
:mad:

ALTSEL
8th Nov 2001, 18:39
Loathe

rule by the sword,die by the sword I expect

WAIF-er
8th Nov 2001, 18:43
..he has the sales tactics of a double glazing salesman and the work ethic of a wheelclamper!

Who is that man anyway, I've never seen him before in my life?

Lou Scannon
8th Nov 2001, 18:51
Ambivalent I guess. What a shame that someone with such undoubted abilities and ideas should be so lacking in simple kindness when dealing with other, less fortunate, people.
He has clearly never heard of the phrase "Be nice to people on the way up as you will surely meet them on the way down.

The Guvnor
8th Nov 2001, 18:58
Two thumbs up. At a time where there's little good news in the aviation industry, most of it is coming from him and Stavros the Bubble.

Don't think I'd want to play poker with the man though ... :D :D :D

Nor did I know (until today) that he's from Tipperary. That explains a lot!! :eek: :D :eek:

tilii
8th Nov 2001, 19:32
Despise everything he stands for. Never met the man, so cannot speak at a personal level.

My guess is that he'd make an excellent used car salesman but would struggle with selling anything new.

His days are numbered. :D :D :D

Slick
8th Nov 2001, 19:39
Love him, its people like him that are getting this industry back on its feet quicker.

sgt.culpepper
8th Nov 2001, 19:51
Guvnor, actually I think he is from Co. Westmeath at least he lives there at a place called Gigginstown House. It's one of those country manor, tax free jobs where you have to have it open to the general public on a certain number of days each year in order to qualify for the tax exemption.The opening hours are a bit of a mystery I think unless someone knows differently !

GVJFK
8th Nov 2001, 19:58
Loathe all that he stands for. Refuse to fly his airline. The man has no soul. Definately a dodgy third hand car sales man :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LAVDUMPER
8th Nov 2001, 20:06
He may be a tyrant, but Ryanair's results speak for themselves...

I'm sure most Ryanair employees fear/hate him, but his investors love him...

Having a secure job flying nifty 737-800s around Europe for a growing and profitable airline might not be too bad if you can tune out the jacka$$ boss... He ain't no Herb Kelleher - that's for DAMN sure!

Cheers

Rob 747
8th Nov 2001, 21:16
Loathe!!

Sad old Monkey Child!! :D :D

£50 to read CV's
£1 Return fare to Dublin

I was wondering where he made his profit! :p :p

Well i better make it £50,050 to achieve my dream!! :rolleyes: Thanks MOL!

[ 08 November 2001: Message edited by: Rob 747 ]