PDA

View Full Version : mentoring for PPL training North London

robian
25th Jan 2009, 19:58
I am currently studying and taking exams for the ground theory of the ppl at the London Metropolitan University. I d like to complete the license possibly this year and I am looking to join a club or school to start the practical flying and wondered whether there is anyone who could reccomend a particular club in north London. I visited on several occasions Stapleford and once Elstree aerodromes. Both are within half hour drive from where I live.
I am also intersted in anyone who is enthusiastic and intersted in offering mentoring.
Thank you
Roberto

jollyrog
26th Jan 2009, 15:09
If you start now and work hard, you'll probably be ready to do your qualifying cross country and subsequent skills test in the Summer. Nothing is guaranteed, but both (particularly the QXC) are weather permitting and there's less chance of them being cancelled repeatedly in the Summer.

The dual part of flying training can often be done in less than perfect weather, but your instructor will want a very good day before he/she sends you off on your own. That stage of training will get very frustrating if the weather lets you down.

I can't speak for schools North of London, you should ask your tutor at London Met for recommendations of instructors to the North. However, if you're happy with his style of tuition, I suggest you book a trial flying lesson with him and see how you find his flying training. It's not North London but I think the travelling would be worth it, he's a very good instructor.

lordmontague
26th Jan 2009, 15:29
Stapleford is good, they have all the facilities & are friendly & enthusiastic. As suggested book a trial lesson and see for yourself. Good luck !

robian
26th Jan 2009, 18:17
Thank you both for your comments.
Rob

Mikehotel152
26th Jan 2009, 20:58
If you start now or early in February you will be finished by June or July even if there is bad weather. That assumes you do it full-time?