PDA

View Full Version : Navigation charges for night landings??

nigelh
25th Jan 2009, 00:30
I have just been invoiced by our Easa foreign bosses euro 75 ish navigation charges for 2 night landings . Is this correct ? What have i received that i didnt before these charges came in ? Is this only charged if i land at the airport or does it come from ATC ? Is it then cheaper to NOT talk to ATC and land at a private site ?? Great move on the safety front as i have extra incentive to get into home in the dark:ugh::ugh: another nail in the coffin if this is now yet another charge to pass on to the customer .
( They say it is because it is ifr which we all know it isnt in reality.....but for some reason there is no night vfr ) I guess a good reason to get off my arse and install the vasi light that has sat in my hangar for 18 months:ok:

misterbonkers
26th Jan 2009, 08:41
Where had you been? Was it for a flight in this country?

FloaterNorthWest
26th Jan 2009, 15:31
I take it was from Eurocontrol?

We get these all the time and have a standard letter we fax to them for a refund as our other Company aircraft have an account and they debit it directly.

Basically tell them it was a VFR flight (yes even at night) outside controlled airspace and any flight or landing in controlled airspace was billed by the airport.

It is a lovely form that doesn't make alot of sense on what you have been billed for.