PDA

View Full Version : 24month C of E

stiknruda
22nd Jan 2009, 09:35
No I'm not going all holy.

My 24monthly, CofE expires mid March. I have satisfied all of the hours requirements - how soon can I organise my renewal?

Thanks

Stik

Them thar hills
22nd Jan 2009, 10:00
Stik
If it doesn't involve any flying, it could be done today !
Presumably you've done your instructional hour.
Doubtless there will be a stampede of usual volunteers...
It's too far for me.
Regards
tth

S-Works
22nd Jan 2009, 10:12
Stik, Come over to me and I will sign it for you.

Have you had your 1hr with an Instructor in the last 12 months or done some over form of skill test such as IMC renewal or MEP?

Mariner9
22nd Jan 2009, 11:03
To answer the question posed (and assuming hours + instructor flight requirement met) - get the signature from 3 months before to the date of the expiry (and not a day after)

Keygrip
22nd Jan 2009, 12:27
/pedant on

It's not a renewal. It's a revalidation.

/pedant off

stiknruda
22nd Jan 2009, 15:22
Revalidation, Revalidation, Revalidation!

I took myself outside for a bit of a talking-to, I've come back with bruises and minor cuts. I stand suitably corrected: :}:}

My question really wasn't as carefully worded as it should have been. I have flown in excess of 150 hours in the preceeding 22 months, 55 or so in the past 12 months.

I need to fly an hour with an instructor - how soon can I schedule that in advance of my mid March expiration of my validation?

Stik

Lister Noble
22nd Jan 2009, 15:52
Stik,
My CFI advised within 3 months.
Happy New Year to you both!
Lister

julian_storey
22nd Jan 2009, 15:56
The hour with an instructor needs to be within the 12 months preceding licence revalidation.

You can get the signature from an examiner within the last three months.

javelin
22nd Jan 2009, 16:25
Just contact your local LAA coach, I presume you are a member with the Pitts. They will do it for you if you can find a 2 seater.

If you get stuck, I am sure Bro will do it at Breighton.

S-Works
22nd Jan 2009, 16:29
I am an LAA coach, Instructor and examiner and can do it all in one hit. Stik also you know where to find me. Happy to help.

Watnochute
22nd Jan 2009, 16:35
Hello

I recently queried all this revalidation process with one of the NPPL top dogs, mainly the requirement that the 1 hr with an instructor had to be in the last 12mths.

I was forwarded the latest requirements (which were the same as those I found on the NPPL site)

and nowhere did it say it had to be in the last 12 mths. I had done 5 hrs tailwheel conversion in the first year, and 45mins wobbly prop in the second.

They agreed that was in order. I now read many bits of advice stating it has to be in the last year.

Can someone enlighten me further before I book another session?

Thanks

plus7g
22nd Jan 2009, 16:35
"I am an LAA coach, Instructor and examiner "
Are you sure ?

Stik, you have a pm

S-Works
22nd Jan 2009, 16:55
"I am an LAA coach, Instructor and examiner "
Are you sure ?

Er yes! Feel free to ask John Cooke the PCS coaching Chairman....... You can also find my details on the LAA website!!

stiknruda
22nd Jan 2009, 18:02
I have a couple of friendly LAA coaches locally. I just wanted to know when was the right time before I called them.

At the DA Seminar this year, I am convinced that Perfect Pete told me that he'd succeeded John Cooke - but my memory may not be what it was!

Thanks

Stik

S-Works
22nd Jan 2009, 18:16
Pete is Head Coach, John is PCS Chairman.......

ifitaintboeing
22nd Jan 2009, 18:53
Pete Davis succeeded Ray Newall. I can confirm bose-x is a coach, instructor, and examiner.

LASORS Section F 1.4 has the answer.

LASORS 2008 | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/lasors/)

Regards,

ifitaint...

Mariner9
23rd Jan 2009, 08:38
Pete Davis succeeded Ray Newall. I can confirm bose-x is a coach, instructor, and examiner.

LASORS Section F 1.4 has the answer

Can't find anything in LASORS confirming Bosey's status :ok:

Whopity
23rd Jan 2009, 21:38
I recently queried all this revalidation process with one of the NPPL top dogs, mainly the requirement that the 1 hr with an instructor had to be in the last 12mths.
Since 31 Jan 2008 when the ANO was amended the NPPL requirement changed. Revalidation can be conducted at any time in the 24 months of validity and all requirements can be met at any time within that period. It all hinges around the Specified date i.e. the date the signing takes place. The hour with an instructor can be an aggregate of one hour and flown at any time within the 24 month period. BUT THAT IS ONLY FOR THE NPPL

For a JAA licence or a UK licence with JAA rating, the flight with an instructor has to be a minimum of a 1 hour flight (singular) and in the last 12 months of the 24.

Watnochute
24th Jan 2009, 20:20
Thanks Whopity

As I thought and also confirmed in writing from Pam.