PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Decking/Staging

EESDL
21st Jan 2009, 13:25
After some suitable decking/staging for use in helicopter workshop....fed-up of using wobbly step-ladders!
New or used - suggestions welcomed

loggerhead
21st Jan 2009, 14:21
Window Cleaning?

Exup
21st Jan 2009, 14:36
Try searching on Ebay for Aluminium Scaffolding, usually a lot of tower type platforms on there.

NutLoose
22nd Jan 2009, 11:50
Air & Ground - Aircraft Staging (http://www.airandground.com/~sa_webapp/run.asp?page=248)

Though might be expensive, you want ex military surplus really, though I watched an Airline near me cut up tons of staging and scrap it 12 months ago....

Further to that send a email or contact then off the site and ask if they will have any staging coming up for sale, this is an MOD site.

Disposal Services Authority (http://www.edisposals.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Disposals-Public-Site/-/-/-/Default-Start)

Rigga
25th Jan 2009, 21:45
You dont say what type of heli your working on - Two places I've worked at have had there own designs made by a local company - one made two sets for deep stripping Jetbangers and another place made a very special set for a very special eurocopter!
All you really need to know is what height you want to work at and design your staging to suit.
Remember the rules on the hieght from the floor.
Make sure you divide into suitable movable parts that can join together to make a larger working area.
Add all the things you need (air points, elect points, shelving etc)

Make sure you choose wheels that can move across the area outside too! I learned about that one!

ericferret
26th Jan 2009, 09:24
Not only working height but the size of staff need to be taken into account.

Our height ranges are 5'2" to about 6'6".

If you make the stands too small the little guys end up struggling and people put platforms on top of the docks which take them dangerously high relative to the rails.

Too big and the big guys are working hunched up.

Difficult.

Best docks i've seen were the Helikopter service S61N docks in Bergen.

Very safe, lots of working area, aluminium and light enough to be moved by 2 people.
Built in air and power, materials in bins on the dock. Almost a complete wrap around of the aircraft.

Must have cost the earth.

HAWK21M
29th Jan 2009, 14:43
The Variable Hydraulic platforms are excellent.
regds
MEL