PDA

View Full Version : Potential Group Flying in South Essex

Russ Bost
21st Jan 2009, 13:06
Hi, Hope this is the right place to put this, but doesn't appear to be a forum for groups?

I'm a relatively recently (21months) qualified PPLA holder & am looking to purchase my first plane. If I can find one or more people to go in with me to share the cost so much the better.
I have airstrip access sorted local to Billericay & I'm looking at a permit plane which can either be stored outside or I can get permission to erect a small "T" hangar - hence I think Robins & Jodels are out due to the wood. If anyone has access/hangarage elsewhere reasonably locally & at sensible money then would obviously be worth considering. It will preferably have a modern 4 stroke, such as Rotax 912, Jabiru 2200, would consider nose or tail wheel - I would need tailwheel conversion but have an instructor who's happy to do the conversion on the plane once obtained.
I want a decent cruising speed, 85 knots + which limits the choice somewhat in the price bracket I'm looking in which is £15-20K, recently missed a MurphyMaverick with 912 which would have been ideal.
Obviously if there are a few of us to share costs could up the price bracket & look at Jabiru/Eurostar/Ickarus/Zenair etc. I would consider a microlight, but if going that route would prefer to get a taildragger.
I'm a qualified engineer so would be happy undertaking the bulk of the maintenance - would welcome assistance from anyone with more experience in aviation.
You can contact me thro' the message system here or russbost followed by @ then googlemail.co.uk sorry to write it this way but stops the spammers

Lister Noble
21st Jan 2009, 16:38
You can contact me thro' the message system here or russbost followed by @ then googlemail.co.uk sorry to write it this way but stops the spammers

Thank you for that,anything to beat the bast***s.
Lister:)

Akuji
21st Jan 2009, 17:47
Hi ,

I am interested in sharing an aeroplane, and would be keen to know more...

C42
21st Jan 2009, 18:20
Russ,

I live on Canvey, and i am building a P51 Mustang replica in my unit on Charfleets. you will have to pop in for a cuppa.

I fly an RV6 from Damyns Hall (upminster) and there are shares available in CTSWs there i believe, 100+ Knots and rotax powered.

Dave

aDriver
22nd Jan 2009, 15:32
There is good hangarage and space available at Great Oakley Essex which has two good grass runways. Bit of a drive but A12 gives usually easy drive outside of rush hour.

Russ Bost
23rd Jan 2009, 16:29
Thanx for the suggestion, but Gt Oakley is a bit of a trek for me, any other suggestions around the Southend/Basildon/Chelmsford area would be welcomed.:)