PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Tma Help

zh8001
20th Jan 2009, 14:50
Hi there, I don't know if this is the right spot for such a question but I am tired banging my head against the PC :ugh:and insulting Flitestar.
My problem is: I am trying to get home to Lugano (LSZA) from Valencia (LEVC) in IFR. I have been trying to file the FPL the last hour but I can't seem to get around the Barcelona TMA below FL 200 (I fly a cirrus SR22 with ceiling 17500). I get to the BGR VOR and then i can swim home for what Eurocontrol cares...
Does anyone know how to fly from there to the east? I really would hate to fly all the way north and then turn right. The inbound flight was also hard but I managed via H110 south-westbound around the TMA. But the other way around is a headache and in all the RAD papers I have there is no help (what did i expect from Eurocontrol, help? :=)
Anyway, thanx for any input/hints/help

Ciao,
John

mustafagander
22nd Jan 2009, 10:16
I wonder whether a phone call to the STAC would help? Simply ask what the requirements are and then comply.

It could be worse, Rio Gallegos (spelling?) in Argentina has a TMA to FL450. Hmmm interesting aircraft in that terminal Manoeuvering Area!!