PDA

View Full Version : transport canada

longrangesumomissile
16th Jan 2009, 22:03
can someone tell me what is in the transport canada aviation CARS abt having done more than 6-6-6 rule and having flown n checked out on level D sim for the IFR ride and having logged more than their required instrument hours last 12 months with actual ifr time logged meeting and exceeding their requirements...,from southern africa! must one have to do an instrument check ride in canada? on canadian reg aeroplane? with a canadian inspector or DFTE? and fly in canadian airspace for this chk ride??? inorder for it to be accepted here?? it does not say where and who and on what reg aeroplane one must do?? why are we compelled to do it here in canada and suffer monetary wise?? as well time??
the holder is an MULTI_IFR COMMERCIAL PILOT licensed in canada but has flown overseas. must we always have to do an ifr chkride or have logged time and 6-6-6 requirements here to keep our TC IFR licenses current??
serious comments plz!

MidgetBoy
16th Jan 2009, 22:14
I've heard from a lot of TC officials that South African hours aren't recognized, I may be wrong though.
Anyways, I thought you were able to do it anywhere in the world as long as you have a person designated by TC to check you out for those things with you for the checkride on an aircraft that meets TC standards. Mind you, bringing someone out to where you are does tend to cost quite a bit.

longrangesumomissile
17th Jan 2009, 18:05
thanx monkeyflight...i understand what this all means the regulatory authorities don't seem to know what they are doing when they have so many acts and pacts and rules formulated under the umbrella of ICAO, and what is surprising though we get auditors from FAA,CAA etc visit S.African states and do what?? wine testing!! i thought they would be checking the manner in which the licensing n regulations are done and are streamlined as theirs would appear to be. so then one wonders what is it that they are looking for simple holiday trips?? maybe they should stop this ICAO thing and every country left to do their own rules and impose whatever they want, much like the dysfunctional UN etc.....if i am a dangerous instrument pilot in south africa, etc it would then mean i am a threat to most other international flights operating in and around that airspace, where is the logic with all this, i need to understand the philosophy behind the rule making, laws of physics much applied! i have come across several issues such as with flying time and rules that go by between here (canada) and most other countries which are ICAO member states. so, i have come to conclusions; maintain separate log books for each country under whose jurisdictions one is licensed and flying and we should stop these renewals business and making the transort av licensing branch rich. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY...ONE MORE THING ABT THESE GUYS AT TRANSPORT OFFICE THEY DON'T GIVE A DIME WHETHER YOU WERE FLYING ROCKET TO MOON OR b747 IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, WHEN YOU COME BACK ITS NOT A STRAIGHT RENEWALS IF ONE MET REQUIREMENTS OF AN ICAO CONTRACTING MEMBER STATE, ITS LIKE YOU HAVE TO GO AND BOOK SOME FEW FLIGHTS ON AN AEROPLANE FOR WHICH THE SCHOOL OR CLUB WILL WANT YOU TO BE FAMILIAR WITH (like a ppc) TYPE THING!! THEN ONLY YOU CAN BE LET GO SOLO TO DO YOUR IFR CHECK RIDE WITH THE EXAMINER!! WHERE IS THIS LEADING TO...DUE TO COSTS SOME MIGHT WANT TO DO IT ON SIMULATORS APPROVED BY TRANSPORT OFC, AND THAT TOO IS COSTLY AT TIMES YOU WILL SPEND UNNECESSARY TIME TO FAMILIARIZE WITH THE GROUND TRAINING DEVICE WITH AN INSTRUCTOR WHO HAS LESS THAN 10HOURS OF INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS ON THAT TYPE OF THING, SO NOW YOU ARE BOTH TEACHING ONE ANOTHER THE ABC'S OF STARTING THAT DAMN THING! LET ALONE THE IFR PART...IS ANOTHER MESS IN THE WAITING...IN THE LAST 16 YRS SOME OF US DID NOT MAKE THE MONEY HERE THAT WE PAID OUT TO SCHOOLS HERE AND TRANSPORT OFC TO RENEW THESE LIC TO KEEP CURRENT. ALMOST 1500-2000 DOLLARS RANGE EACH TIME. THE ANSWER LIES WITH OUR COMMENTS, THANKS MONKEYFLIGHT. THIS IS MY LAST EVER RENEWALS IN CANADA. :rolleyes: