PDA

View Full Version : Manchester to Prestwick......a step nearer!

fisbangwollop
11th Jan 2009, 21:02
Tomorrow morning I return to work a day early( yes I have remembered!!) as we align our Scottish watches with our Manchester colleagues….no real hassle for me though… not as much I guess as my Manchester colleagues move up north!!........that said maybe I could allay any fears they may have…….being a Lancashire lad born and bred, I have spent the past 30 years here at Scottish, I must admit I have enjoyed every minute and continue to do so, and why not…a great place to work, great folk to work with and a good community to live in…….so fear not!!...On the downside , Somerset Park not quite the same as Old Trafford… the Scottish beer more of a fizzy pop than the cream of Strangeways finest( Boddies)….but that said is about it… on the upside….that five minute commute to work, clean air with little traffic, the Trafford Centre is equalled by “Silverburn” or “Braehead”…..Glasgow a fine city with many bars and its architecture second to none……….those Ayrshire beaches….the Clyde estuary Britain’s best sailing area, and the Highlands of Scotland only an hour’s drive away……..as for that callsign, whether it be “Manwick”, “Prestchester”, Northern or even Scottish control ( the last one I think will roll of the tongue easily) so come on, no long faces, enjoy the prospect of that new life..both I and my work mates will welcome you with open arms………good luck to you all and lets hope NPC is kind to us all…………. If you should visit prior to NPC pop over and say hello…I am the one that sits alone in the corner of the ops room touting for trade!! Take care…:ok:

radar information
15th Jan 2009, 23:35
You could stick Silverburn and Braehead together and still not get a decent shopping centre.

The Real Slim Shady
16th Jan 2009, 11:07
But who else would have thought of sausage that fits exactly in a a slice of bread, the regular consumption of which will close up your arteries.

Ceannairceach
16th Jan 2009, 16:11
Be grateful stovies aren't too popular in Ayrshire.

Lon More
16th Jan 2009, 16:32
who else would have thought of sausage that fits exactly in a a slice of bread, rivalled only by Kent's deep fried Creme Egg in its heart stopping efficiency

controller friendly
16th Jan 2009, 20:55
fishbangwallop

What a nice welcoming message, I hope it is taken in the spirit it was intended.

I've heard some of the Scottish airports are upset as they are now going odd to the Scottish watches. We at Aldergrove are going to run with our very own watches, as we were odd before..if you know what I mean...!

So come on B watch(Scottish), be nice to us..:O:O

PH-UKU
25th Jan 2009, 21:44
I am the one that sits alone in the corner of the ops room touting for trade!!

Ya big Tart !!

:p

fisbangwollop
25th Jan 2009, 21:50
PH-UKU.......maybe one day if you climb high enough you to will be able to speak to me!!!................safe flying in 2009.:ok: