PDA

View Full Version : NATS shares

Vote NO
11th Jan 2009, 14:45
No doubt we have all read the reports at work concerning the massive uptake of staff selling their shares and the resultant problems. However it's the Airline Group who own 42% (after selling 4% to BAA) which could give us the biggest problem. Have a look at their intentions two years ago Airlines split over Nats stake sale | Business | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2006/jul/10/theairlineindustry)

Seven airlines put a combined £50m into the air traffic control operation in return for a 46% stake in 2001. Recent estimates suggest the business is now worth over £1bn

Now that the way is clear for a sell off due to the Pension vote outcome , and TAG's intention to sell when NPC goes live in December, I think we may be in for a turbulent next twelve months :sad:

Radarspod
11th Jan 2009, 18:38
This issue was raised at CTC bar stool session. There are a couple of airlines wanting out, although I have heard some airlines may want to buy out others.

Why should we be in for a turbulent 12 months (not arguing, just don't know)?

Anyhow, that assumes that PC goes operational by this time next year :E

RS

BDiONU
11th Jan 2009, 19:23
Anyhow, that assumes that PC goes operational by this time next year :E
Will be operational by the end of this year :ok:

BD

PeltonLevel
11th Jan 2009, 19:25
And who is going to buy NATS (at the new rate of £2.50 per share)?

QWERTY9
11th Jan 2009, 21:59
As the previous value of NATS shares stood at £2.70 I think a mere 20p drop considering the current economic turmoil and forecast lower traffic is quite an amazing figure ! I would have expected a far greater decrease.

Will be interesting to see what the July figure is and what the trustees do with all the employee shares they've recently acquired through the mass sell off.

windriver
12th Jan 2009, 14:35
I`m not a shareholder but spotted this article about NATS Shares on John Smith's Website (http://www.jgwalkersmith.co.uk/articles-26.html)during my daily visit to his Credit Crunch Diaries.