PDA

View Full Version : Looging of hours query?

zerotohero
11th Jan 2009, 11:28
I fly a 737 as first officer and log all my hours in two colums in my log book, total flight time and the co pilot colum, in the pic name colum i put the captains name.

My housemate who flys an apt cargo keeps banging on that i should be putting it as p2 when i am PNF and P1s when its my sector to fly

The way i see it is that i am never p1 because i am not a captain, no matter if i am at the controls or not ultimate responsibility comes down to the commander unless he is incapasitated!
So i cant be a P1s? I am a co-pilot?

How do others think or know this should be logged, or does it not over matter all that much provided i dont try to change airlimes and tell them i have command experiance but someone was supervising me! Lol

frogone
11th Jan 2009, 12:22
You can put it in the PIC column, however with a note that it's PICUS. IE You weren't the PIC as you didn't sign for the aircraft. You'll know it's PICUS because you've put the captains name in the column and not 'self'. I suppose it's way of identifying which legs you flew, instead of putting it all down as 'Co-Pilot' time.

IR

Agaricus bisporus
12th Jan 2009, 12:53
Oh no, not again!

Zero, this site has a surprising facility called a "Search Function". Try using it, you may be surprised to see how many times this subject has been done to death over the last few years.

BTW, it has nothing whatsoever to do with which legs you flew, PF, PNF etc.