PDA

View Full Version : UK ATPL Issue

Hasher
10th Jan 2009, 12:25
Hi
If anyone can answer this question I would be greatful and if that person works in PLD then even better.
I have 2000+ hrs, just taken the ATPL skills test and will in the next week go to SRG and apply for the issue. The question is how problematic is the following:
200hrs on a MPA
700hrs on RA390 & C525 operating multi crew as defind by the AOC for public transport and the company ops manual.
Have been told verbally PLD will issue me an ATPL and a previous Flt Ops inspector confirmed that they would accept the hours on a single pilot aircraft such as the RA390.
Can anyone see any issues for me next week.

Many thanks

Hasher

TheGorrilla
11th Jan 2009, 08:06
Excuse my ignorance. What are RA390 and C525? Never heard of them.

Hasher
11th Jan 2009, 09:47
No worries, neither had I untill I went on the type rating...
Premier 1 and Citation Jet.

I found out yesterday that three of my ex-coworkers got a letter from the ops manager to say the aircraft was flown multi pilot and they got there ATPLs issued no problems...

Hasher

littco
11th Jan 2009, 11:16
As far as I'm aware you can use Jar23 aircraft, IE single pilot, as Mulitcrew if you require 2 crew for an AOC or you have wirtten permission from the CAA for the hours to count towards Multicrew.

However, you need a JAR25 aircraft type rating on your license for issue of the ATPL. IE the Premier and C525 aren't suitable.

Maybe your ex-coworkers also had Citation 550, hawkers etc on their license which enabled them to get the issue. If you don't have a Jar25 aircraft rating on your license then they can't issue you a full ATPL regardless of the number of hours you have, that could be your only issue.

Hasher
11th Jan 2009, 14:23
Littco, many thanks, I took the ATPL skills test on an XLS on Friday which is one of my other types.

Cheers
Hasher