PDA

View Full Version : Chopper Jobs in SA

zanlos
7th Jan 2009, 10:56
Hi Guys,

i am looking in to doing my chopper com. and was wondering what the chopper job market is like at the moment in SA, and with the various chopper contract companies.

any comments about which companies to look in to when i am done would also be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Zanlos

TrT
8th Jan 2009, 09:44
Starlite Joburg, run by a highly experienced heli pilot with around 17000hours on helis-Ex SAF, for high altitude flying. Starlite Durban for coastal orientation with other highly experienced guys also Ex-SAF. Durban have a few contracts and big machines, S92, Pumas and so on.

Starlite Joburg 0118270992

12th Jan 2009, 07:58
Looks like self promotion and display of hours...... :E
Watch out when you fly, that hobbs hours and actual time corresponds.... !!!!!!!!!!!! 'Cause you could be paying high time for little effort...... :=:=
If you want to fly on S92, you better be good, would you like to fly 3 hours a month on that machine, and what about the pay ???? :suspect:
:ugh::ugh:

There are other companies in Johannesburg as well : Alpine, Henley Air, MCC aviation, Helibip in Pretoria/ Wonderboom, ........... careful on who you choose, AND ask about the instructors !!!!!

Good Luck