PDA

View Full Version : NATS ATC - After the recruitment process

Greenhorn22
7th Jan 2009, 10:24
Hi all,

I am new to the world of ATC and was wondering - after you work your way through the recruitment process how do you determin where you work?

For example - I live in the sticks in North Yorkshire and the nearest airport to me is Leeds/Bradford so after going through the recruitment process how do I end up working there? Other than LBA where could I realistically work?

I am not in the position to move house so is it realistic for me to go through the process if the nearest airport is LBA?

I hope this makes sense.

Regards
GH

classicwings
7th Jan 2009, 10:58
My friend, If you are applying for a career in ATC with NATS and you are successful in getting through the selection process then you will be signing yourself up as a mobile grade and THEY will determine where you work.

Realistically that could be anywhere in the UK from Aberdeen to Southampton. Although I am led believe there is some degree of preference from the student in terms their desired location, in most cases NATS will post you to the unit they require you to work at. That's all part of the deal I'm afraid!:ok:

P.s Leeds/Bradford Airport is a non-NATS ATC unit.;)

Greenhorn22
7th Jan 2009, 11:03
Perfect, that helps alot my friend. Thank You.

MancLad993
17th Jan 2009, 13:09
GH,

Have you considered applying for an ATSA position at LBA?

MancLad993