PDA

View Full Version : Shannon HF Ballygirreen

ndp3u
4th Jan 2009, 16:14
Hi there, looking for some info about the Shannon HF facility at Ballygirreen. Anyone on here from that facility?
Thanks,
ndp3u.

fisbangwollop
4th Jan 2009, 17:45
I used to work at Shanwick if thats any use???......what info you looking for??

hit_the_deck
4th Jan 2009, 20:32
Give 'em a call and arrange a quick tour. Thats the best way to learn about it IMO.

beamwidth
6th Jan 2009, 10:34
Dont work there but do work for IAA, may be able to help or give you a steer. What info are you looking for, that isnt on iaa.ie?

QST
6th Jan 2009, 15:43
Beamwidth, I have a couple of queries regarding life as a radio officer in Ballygirreen if you wouldn't mind.......

1. What is a typical day - what does it involve?
2. How is a working week made up ie days on/off/on call etc and what are 'swing days'??
3. What type of environment do radio officers work in?

Answers to these would be a great help as well as any other info you may have as I've applied for a position there and would really like to find out as much as I can before progressing.

Regards
QST

ndp3u
6th Jan 2009, 18:55
I was wondering about rosters myself, any info appreciated. Thanks!

beamwidth
7th Jan 2009, 11:29
As i said, i dont work there. I replied because no one else had anything better to offer.
I wouldnt even attempt to guess at rosters etc, but what i would recommend is that you contact them directly, and maybe try to organise a visit to the facility.
061 471199
I'm sure that they will be very receptive

EI-MICK
10th Jan 2009, 10:37
a tour is being organised as part of the recruitment because i rang the other day and they said no but there will be something arranged.

all i could probably add is that one of their busiest times is around 4am due to eastbound traffic coming off the pond so you know to expect night work and very unsociable hours,however a job i'd love to do and i have applied.

hit_the_deck
10th Jan 2009, 19:38
Is it far from Ballycasey? I'm going down on work experience soo to Ballycasey, Ballygirreen and Shannon airport. Can't wait!:)