PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Ground Examiner GR(H)

Flap-Back
3rd Jan 2009, 21:55
Hi,

I'm an FI(H) in the UK and was wondering if anybody here knows the costs involved in becoming a ground examiner (can't find it in any of the CAA scheme of charges anywhere) and also how much does it cost to become and RT practical test examiner?

I know you have to get sponsored by a school and the the RT is geographically allocated, I just can't find any reference to CAA costs.

Many thanks, your help is appreciated.

FB

Whopity
4th Jan 2009, 12:22
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS5~230.pdf
g) in the case of an application for appointment or re-appointment as an examiner authorised to conduct examinations and sign certificates of revalidation in respect of the Private Pilot’s Licence, a charge of £217;
h) in the case of an application for appointment as an examiner authorised to conduct examinations in respect of the Flight Radiotelephony Operator’s Licence, a charge of £293;
i) in the case of an application for re-appointment as an examiner authorised to conduct examinations in respect of the Flight Radiotelephony Operator’s Licence, a charge of £217;And you wil need to provide the necessary RTF test equipment say another £500.

Flap-Back
4th Jan 2009, 17:45
Thanks for your reply Whopity. I will look into this further.

Best wishes,

FB