PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint problem

unconcerned
30th Dec 2008, 08:17
I'm having a problem with Powerpoint that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

I'm putting together a presentation with quite a lot of information that I would like to be available on demand. The idea is to have a main slide with the topics to be covered and a link between the topic headers and the associated information slides. I did this a few years ago with no problem on an older version of MS Office but can't work out how to do it on my current one.

I'm using Office for Mac 2004 on an iMac. The drop down help menu doesn't give me any clues and an internet search just brings up information on hyperlinks. I've had a look at the hyperlink option but the dialog box just seems to offer links to external web pages or e mail addresses.

All advice gratefully received!

ORAC
30th Dec 2008, 08:51
When you select Insert Hyperlink one of the choices is "Document". Select Document and one of the choices is "Anchor" which has a "Locate" button at the right hand side. Click on Locate and it gives you a list of the slides in the current presentation.

unconcerned
30th Dec 2008, 12:20
Many thanks for that, ORAC :ok:

Just one small further problem..... I draw an oval and insert the hyperlink but it doesn't take me to the linked slide when I click it. How do I turn it into a radio button?

ORAC
30th Dec 2008, 13:21
It has become a button, but it is only active when you run the presentation. Run it and give it a try.

unconcerned
30th Dec 2008, 14:09
Perfect! :ok:

Many thanks again, ORAC - saved me hours of slogging :)