PDA

View Full Version : SIDS/STARS name updates?

Keygrip
27th Dec 2008, 22:10
Hiya, what exactly is required to upgarde a DEPSID 1 designator to become a DEPSID 2 departure?

I've just trawled through my Jeppesen updates for Friday 26th December (one day late - my bad), which involved many SIDS and STARS changes.

Some were just frequency changes of an en-route VOR, some were complete changes in the order of the names of the waypoints - though the physical track route seemed to stay the same.

Not one of them generated an update of the designator.

Surely the whole point of the designator is to confirm that the pilot is reading the correct plate - what's the point of them changing the information, but not the designator?

I'm missing something.

anotherthing
28th Dec 2008, 07:26
Keygrip -

Be very careful if you fly nto the London TMA (esp EGLL). The latest Jeppesen updates are wrong and we've had many pilots reaching the OCK hold then instead of holding,. have turne left to start an approach :eek:

Keygrip
28th Dec 2008, 11:38
Yahoo - I think I know that one. It's a mutation with time. One of those words that started with as one thing, then slowly became another.

I believe it all started when Fred Flintstone was flying his pterodactyl into Croydon. He didn't have a paper version, he used a "slate". This slowly changed with time to become a "plate" as papyrus was introduced to make a "papyrus slate".

I *may* be wrong there.

anotherthing - my approaches to LL would be from the North, I'll hang around at BNN or LAM....or divert to Redhill - possibly on the fifth version of the Redhill North 1 arrival.