PDA

View Full Version : Slush V1 reduction missing in new Boeing books

737incognito
25th Dec 2008, 20:41
I have just dicovered that new B737 books Slush t/o advisory info (now in Perfonmance Inflight section of Vol 1) is not giving instruction what to do with V1.
Does anybody knows what's the story behind this. Is it forbiden or captain's discretion or we need to have a laptop tool of some kind (which I don't).
Thanks

skyeuropilot
25th Dec 2008, 20:48
Boeing removed some of the perf section (ie tables for v1 calculation in slush conditions) from the QRH a few months ago.
It must be in fcom1.check the manuals in your aircraft, you should find it there.:ok:

737incognito
25th Dec 2008, 21:09
My mistake or rather librarian's. We have one B737 leased in from FAA operator and I was looking in it's books which have not been replaced with JAA books (by mistake). Why FAA books dont have V1 reduction (and JAA have) I don't now and dont really care.
Anyway thanks for your time

Sir George Cayley
27th Dec 2008, 16:20
Just out of interest, what specific gravity is used?

Is it an average or one suited to different climatic regions? Is there a modifier for SG at the extreme of average calcs and what effect on V1 and TODAr does this have?

Sir George Cayley

Flight Detent
30th Dec 2008, 04:43
Sir GC...

Off the top of my head, it's the same as ASDA!

But seriously, I seem to have missed something here...just what is it you're talking about?

Cheers...FD...:uhoh: