PDA

View Full Version : EASA Fuel Requirements

champair79
13th Dec 2008, 13:08
Hi,

I am comparing the FAA and EASA fuel requirements for IFR and VFR flight. So far, I have found the FAA information in FAR 91 but have not suceeded in obtaining the information from EASA - all that I have found for them is the Fuel Policy in EU-OPS 1. I also believe that there is no fuel policy for the FAA - just fuel requirements which I have already found.

Could someone point me in the right direction for the fuel requirements for EASA.

Thanks,

Champ :ugh:

matamisa
13th Dec 2008, 15:26
u wanna find more abt those EASA requirements and policies?? it's not thaa easy to get those infos... The best way to handle th thgs is to send them a Email to th french or german departmn.. askin or i'ld say geb geb nd geb ...
nd if lucky, some1'll reply or send u some booklets!...
gd luck mate!
date B.

BOAC
14th Dec 2008, 13:07
Champair - excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do EOSA have to do with 'fuel requirements' that the FAA and EU Ops do not? Do they issue separate regulatory documents? Come to think of it, what exactly do EOSA do? Not really clear on their website.

champair79
15th Dec 2008, 00:00
Hi BOAC,

The FAA have their own set of fuel requirements for aircraft operating under United States AOC's whereas EASA have fuel requirements for EU operators. EU-OPS (previously JAR-OPS 1) is the document which lays out requirements and guidelines on how commercial air transport operates in the EU and is produced by EASA.

Champ

BOAC
15th Dec 2008, 18:37
OK - I am familiar with EU/JAAOPs, but if you have found for them is the Fuel Policy in EU-OPS 1 what else do you seek?