PDA

View Full Version : UK CRM requirements

FlyingGasMain
8th Dec 2008, 09:14
Hello,

I've been tasked with bringing training records up to date at a small outfit. One of the things I have needed to look at is CRM. Reading the relevant section of EU-OPS it would appear that whenever a pilot moves to a new operator he/she is required to do a full 2 day initial CRM course within a year of joining. It doesn't seem to matter that a pilot may have only just done an initial CRM course with another company.

The wording in EU-OPS isn't great and seems slightly ambiguous to me. Can I therefore ask people who have experience in this field to just confirm that my understanding of the requirements is correct ?

thanks

fgm

turbocharged
8th Dec 2008, 16:43
They have to do the bits in the column headed 'joining a new operator'. Doesn't have to be 2 days. Just needs to address anything particular to your operation.

wap101
8th Dec 2008, 19:35
Note also that in the UK the Change of Operator CRM has to be done by a suitably UK accredited CRMI(Ground).

The syllabus is best described in CAP 737 Standards Document 29 which is the UK interpretation of the EU-OPS CRM requirements.

JAR-OPS/EU-OPS is not as clear as the wording in CAP 737

WAP101

Romeo India Xray
9th Dec 2008, 02:11
The syllabus is best described in CAP 737 Standards Document 29 which is the UK interpretation of the EU-OPS CRM requirements.

Just to expand on this point, the CRM course offered by JAA-Training in Hooffdorp states that their syllabus is taken from CAP 737 and that this is the reference that will be used for the CRM course they offer.

I will have more next year as I plan to go to Hooffdorp to do my CRMI course... watch this space!

RIX

turbocharged
9th Dec 2008, 05:32
The course at JAA is delivered by a UK CRMIE and is identical to one run within the UK

FlyingGasMain
12th Dec 2008, 10:34
Thanks a lot for the replies so far. I'm going to get a CRM trainer into the office soon, so that we can hammer through the various requirements.