PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Jobs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

EC155B1
15th Jul 2012, 10:22
Thanx HillerBee>>>Is it a Pre-Requisite.....to get a call from them......?Has any one join them and got their conversion done on JAA/EASA ATP while on the job?

Well it seems asking for the Moon.......

Thanx anyway......

jymil
17th Jul 2012, 18:11
Forget about a JAA/EASA conversion done while on the job. There are no "based-on" shortcuts into EASA licensing anymore, so you have to do the full theory. And the theory will take you at least 6 months for ATPL level, this cannot be done "on the job".

Jet Ranger
17th Jul 2012, 21:17
EC155B1, something for you ...

www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/europe/jaa_atpl_ir_ec155_as365n3_captains_co_pilots-148710.html?utm_source=ajs&utm_medium=rss_feed_link (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/jobs/pilots/europe/jaa_atpl_ir_ec155_as365n3_captains_co_pilots-148710.html?utm_source=ajs&utm_medium=rss_feed_link)

:ok:

alpenjunge
23rd Jul 2012, 09:10
Last month Bristow was advertising for first officers for their Norwegian operation. Does anyone know, if all the positions are filled now?

DauphinDude
23rd Jul 2012, 14:30
I believe they are. They have a giant pool of pilots waiting for their slot. Lots of experienced people as well.

onemorepilot
23rd Jul 2012, 19:40
There might be new interviews/tests in Sep-12 for Bristow Norway. Don't hesitate to apply.
OMP

212_Nightdipper
23rd Jul 2012, 20:12
Hello folks...how about the positions in Aberdeen?...after the phone interview I'm still waiting to be called to arrange the face to face interview...does anybody know whats going on or is just the standard to just wait...wait and then wait some more...:ugh::ugh::ugh: with no answers??!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Kowalskii
24th Jul 2012, 21:52
Does anybody know what happend to the Bristow Norway (Norsk) website? They used to have their own, but I can't find it anymore!

Cheers!

helijon
24th Jul 2012, 21:58
No longer in use. norskelikopter.no (http://www.norskhelikopter.no/) now points directly to the main bristow site (http://www.bristowgroup.com/)

Kowalskii
25th Jul 2012, 17:13
Thank you!

Rotatohead
27th Jul 2012, 06:40
Same here...
I had the phone interview and then got an email saying that they would like to invite me to a face to face interview but that there are no interviewers available and they will get back to me asap.
Since then... nothing.

Rotatohead
27th Jul 2012, 06:40
Same here...
I had the phone interview and then got an email saying that they would like to invite me to a face to face interview but that there are no interviewers available and they will get back to me asap.
Since then... nothing.

ralphmalph
27th Jul 2012, 06:52
Any of you folks worked on the Puma contract out of Afghanistan?

I have little detail about wages, rosters and location?

Any info would be very greatly received!

Regards

Ralph

chcoffshore
27th Jul 2012, 11:07
Careers at NHV
Business Unit Special Projects (worldwide)
2 x Pilot in Command EC155 B1 (start immediately)
2 x Co-pilot EC155 B1 (start immediately)

Just saw this, what is special projects?:confused:

jymil
27th Jul 2012, 18:26
The Job Post mentions Cayenne, which is in French Guyana.

chester2005
28th Jul 2012, 20:31
on the INAER website the positions for co-pilots and captains for SAR all require CIMA. Having Googled for an explanation as to what a CIMA is i still have no idea, if anyone can enlighten me i would be grateful. Chester:ok:

apb
28th Jul 2012, 20:57
CIMA = Class 1 medical

CIMA is an aerospatial medicine center situated in Madrid where you can get your class 1 medical.

PPRuNeUser0180
28th Jul 2012, 20:58
CIMA = Centre d'Instruction de Medecine Aeroespatiale (departments of Aerospace Medicine and ENT)

I suppose you need a valid medical issued by the Spanish Armed Forces Aeromedical Center

on the INAER website the positions for co-pilots and captains for SAR all require CIMA. Having Googled for an explanation as to what a CIMA is i still have no idea, if anyone can enlighten me i would be grateful.

chester2005
28th Jul 2012, 22:39
Thanks for the info, does that mean a valid UK CAA/JAA Class 1 medical is not enough?? Chester :ok:

212_Nightdipper
29th Jul 2012, 03:35
@Chester, Yes is more than enought!...:ok:

sabal
29th Jul 2012, 12:02
Chester, CIMA is the "old fashion" Spanish name for the JAA Medical Class1 Certificate. Afterthat, I'm sorry to tell you guys, but I suppose the advertising job at the INAER webpage is already expired since they had lost the search and rescue contract!! It`s very last news, and nobody indeed knows how it'll be the near future for the pilots-engineers-staff, so don't waste your time with this advetising. (my advise)

Hedski
30th Jul 2012, 12:42
Maybe with the new contract will come a decent amount of training, experience and MCC CRM.....:ugh:

Furia
30th Jul 2012, 17:04
What they mean is that you need a valid medical certificate.
CIMA is the name of the military Aeronautica Medical Center.
Long time ago it was the only one avalaible for pilots so colloquially pilots in Spain we call the Medical Certificate "CIMA"

Any valid JAA medical certificate should be valid

hueyracer
10th Aug 2012, 07:47
A good friend of mine has been called in for an interview-and is now looking for information about the job he has been offered (BEFORE going to the interview)..

The job was for "National Academy for Professional Training" (NAPT) in Doha/Qatar, flying AW139.
He has been flying the 139 as a Captain before (Offshore Operations), but has no experience as an Instructor.

What he knows so far:
Tax free salary, relocated living, accomodation, medical, travel home ticket.

Work should be in the "Al Udeid American Air Base" under Qatar Emiri Air Force.

Any information are welcome!

chcoffshore
10th Aug 2012, 18:20
Offshore helicopter boom forecast - News - Shephard (http://www.shephardmedia.com/news/rotorhub/offshore-helicopter-boom-forecast/)

But still no work for ex pats! Will the law change :sad:

Baldeep Inminj
10th Aug 2012, 19:52
the qatar job is genuine - BUT... Aw years ago several colleagues of mine went to wotk for thi same outfit. they worked for 9 months and were NEVER paid - they constantly received promises, reassurances etc etc, but NO money. After between 6-9 months they all returned to the UK having been paid not a peeny. RThe outfit concerned (the same one you mention) said that they wouild be paid when it was 'good and ready' and that if they made noises they would be out of a job. Don't trust them as far as you could throw them.

RVDT
10th Aug 2012, 20:17
But still no work for ex pats! Will the law change

Possibly. Word on the street is that there is a problem with getting the oil out of the ground and turning a profit.

Seems to be an issue with the "closed shop" mentality and the net result of the policy not allowing "expat experience and nous" through the door.

Google "The Brazil Cost" for a heads up. 65% local content etc. etc. etc.

Foggy Bottom
12th Aug 2012, 09:27
Be very carefull. Several people that allready live and work in Abu Dhabi have passed on the job. Seems that the operator has a problem making payroll. (Just what I have heard.)

hueyracer
12th Aug 2012, 11:42
Thanks for your answers, guys..

Much appreciated!
:ok:

Soave_Pilot
12th Aug 2012, 14:21
Offshore helicopter boom forecast - News - Shephard

"Still too much blah blah and not enough action"

I think "the cost" has made them reconsider if it is worth doing big investments.

simulatess
14th Aug 2012, 13:40
You mention the name of the company but has anyone verified the truth to the tumor? I personally believe this is not true . Some rumor mongers out to discredit a very good and reputable company.

simulatess
15th Aug 2012, 10:44
As Operations/Training Manager of National Academy for Professional Training in The State of Qatar, i would like to inform all that the post provided is not accurate in its content.

National Academy for Professional Training is for the first time since foundation in the year 2003 directly employing rotary wing pilots for a client in The State of Qatar. No contracts have been in place in the past for hire of rotary wing pilots with National Academy for Professional Training, therefor the information related to the hiring of rotary wing pilots years ago for a contract is incorrect.

There have been various discussions in the past for requirements of Sea King and Gazelle Pilots, which never moved any further than rumour phases, and again the hiring had not been directly via National Academy for Professional Training.

This contract/hiring process is dirtily with National Academy for Professional Training and 100% genuine.

Thanks

2dogz
15th Aug 2012, 18:35
Two LFZ's meeting.:ugh:

griffothefog
15th Aug 2012, 18:43
Simulatess,

Are you for real?

Do you want touring pilots? Or permanent slaves, sorry maids, sorry Knaves..:E

Good luck bud :ok:

spinwing
16th Aug 2012, 07:45
Mmm ...

Now now griffo ... PLAY NICE!! :E

AW139Driver
17th Aug 2012, 13:48
Any news about the AW139 positions at Shell Brunei?

Monkeyseemonkeyfly
18th Aug 2012, 09:32
I've heard that there is a full time instructor position available at Bournemouth.
They are currently advertising on this site.

All the best.

MSMF

212man
18th Aug 2012, 11:15
Any news about the AW139 positions at Shell Brunei?

Short-listed applicants should receive news of interview dates within a couple of weeks. Bear in mind it's Hari Raya Aidilfitri (Eid-ul-Fitr) this week so not much 'activity'.....

(It's Brunei Shell, not Shell Brunei, by the way :ok:)

AW139Driver
18th Aug 2012, 11:41
Thanks for the info 212man,

Brunei Shell, off course..... :O

duncajcb
19th Aug 2012, 02:33
Hey guys, I'm looking for a line on my first turbine job. I've got roughly 1750 hours in a mix of R44 and H269 time with no turbine. I've tried the GOM operations (phi, bristow, and rlc) as well as a couple of new York tour operations. I do have my CFII as well as about 1000 hours doing commercial (non instructor) work.

Anyone have any ideas of companies to look into? Any lines on employers who don't advertise? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rigidkid
19th Aug 2012, 04:48
Hi folks, I have a significant background in Crew EMS/SAR/NVG Operations on Bell412/AW139...and also a check & training ground school instructional background as well.

I also hold CPL-H with endorsements on BO105LS, A109, AW139 CP ...

4000 Hours crew experience, 1100 on Bell 412 and 570 on AW 139.

328 Pilot hours and looking to see if I cant tie the two together to help build my copilot time...a long shot but anything constructive feedback wise is welcome...

vaibronco
19th Aug 2012, 08:17
Rigid,
I guess somebody already told you that an IR on one of the twins could make the difference.
I'm not aware about job opportunities for CPL+IR, but if you're still in touch with the operator you worked with as crew member on twins, a gentlemen (assumed they actualy are) agreement and an investment could be the way to reach your goal.

choppertop
19th Aug 2012, 22:19
Duncajcb... get a job with an R44/H269 operator who will give you positioning flights on a single turbine in their fleet. Build hours. Then network like crazy.

AW139 Boy
23rd Aug 2012, 00:20
Hi, found this can anybody give me any info ? :ok:

Applicants should hold at least a valid UK/JAA CPL H (IR), preferably AW139 type rated and have a minimum of 3000 hours PIC and 500 hours twin turbine.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with onshore IFR operations and willing to undertake all aspects of the operation to the highest standards with minimal supervision.
AW139 type rating training will be offered to successful applicant subject to bonding agreement.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the successful candidate. Based in Northern Ireland, working 2 weeks on and 1 week off.

The closing date for this position is Tuesday 18th September 2012.

Kusman
24th Aug 2012, 13:03
Look at previous posts over the years for that company ...

Tango123
24th Aug 2012, 14:31
EC155 Pilots required Interesting Far East location ICAO licences with Brookfield Aviation International Ltd | 1401347666 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401347666/ec155-pilots-required-interesting-far-east-location-icao-licences/)

Anyone knows the location for these EC-155 positions: Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Xian, Taiwan, Tokyo or ??

Squeaks
25th Aug 2012, 09:43
WA Police line pilot: only $A127k? (http://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=138632)

Closing date 7th September 2012: replacement for Phil A?

chcoffshore
25th Aug 2012, 10:34
No many details about the 155 position!

WASALOADIE
25th Aug 2012, 11:36
Wynnwith have been in touch with me in the last couple of days, they are now recruiting for Wildcat Instructors required in December. Ideally with Lynx experience but Military twin Utility is what they are looking for.

gulliBell
26th Aug 2012, 11:32
...replacement for Phil A?

I thought he retired last year? Seems the WAPOL Airwing has seen quite a bit of turnover through its (small) ranks...

rewritable
27th Aug 2012, 07:30
JOB | NHS - Norsk Helikopterservice (http://www.n-h-s.no/job-opportunities.asp)

Norwegian Helicopter Service AS (NHS) is a newly established helicopter company
with headquarters at Sola. The company aims to
become one of the leading helicopter companies in Norway with emphasis
the transportation of personnel and cargo to and from offshore installations.
NHS currently has an Agusta Westland AW139 helicopters in operation at
English sector, and in the course of early 2013 have two new Sikorsky
S-92 helicopter stationed in Norway. NHS also has several helicopters
the order with the vendor.
OPERATIVE DEPARTMENT
PILOTS • Minimum 1,000 hours, CPL, IR and ATPL theory exam.
Pilots with offshore experience, ATPL and S-92 type Checkout will be preferred.
• TRAINING CAPTAIN S-92
Qualified applicants will also be offered the position of Nominated Post Holder Training.
• OPERATING PERSONNEL
Applicants with experience in industry is desirable but necessary training will be provided.
PART M STAFF
• TYPE ENGINEER / PLANNER
• VHM COORDINATOR
PART 145 PERSONNEL

Saw this on their facebook site

EC155B1
27th Aug 2012, 09:18
Any one knows if this position at NHS accepts ICAO ATPL(H)?

Bravo73
27th Aug 2012, 11:43
Any one knows if this position at NHS accepts ICAO ATPL(H)?

NHS Entry Requirements:

1000 helicopter flying hours
CPL/H (CAA-N or JAR FCL)
IR/H
ATPL theory successfully completed

So I guess not.

schrenki
28th Aug 2012, 16:14
Hey guys,
I have a question concerning my chances to get job as helicopter pilot. I was trained in the German Army as a helicopter pilot. I have TR for TH-67/OH-58, (I know they are useless on the civilian market) because I was trained at Ft. Rucker USA. Back in Germany I got my standardization to meet the European standards. I have 103h TT (inc. tactical flight training and NVG time) and round about 40h of sim.time. Next year I will get my CPL (H) IR (JAR FCL 2). Because the German Army reduces the number of A/C, I will not be trained further. Therefore I can probably leave the Army and keep my 5 year pension. In addition to that I will get apprx. 20000£ to get trained for a higher Qualification (for example TRs) to be more interesting for an employer. I have no experience on the civil market. Do you think a company could be interested in hiring me has a co-pilot? How can I close the gap to get 250h to start as a CFI? Any suggestions what I can do? My Dream is to fly as commercial helicopter pilot, and I would do (nearly) everything to reach my goal.
I am thankful for any help

Bravo73
28th Aug 2012, 17:43
A mystery job?

Helicopter Pilot - East Coast Based with Undisclosed | 1401347913 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401347913/helicopter-pilot-east-coast-based/)

Recruiter.................. Undisclosed (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/employer/10002360/undisclosed/)
Posted.......................28 August 2012
Location................... East Coast Based
Sector....................... Flight Crew - Helicopter Pilot
Contract.................... Type Permanent
Hours........................ Full Time
Salary........................ Attractive

Further information

Highly Experienced Helicopter Pilot with considerable Hours on Twin Engine Turbine.

Current I.R. Licence with reasonable I.R. Flying Hours

Licence – JAR Licence

East Coast Based

If not a mystery job, then at least a mystery employer. And a mystery location/country. How intriguing!

Stallion85
28th Aug 2012, 21:25
schrenki,

regarding the huge amount of pilots who will loose their flying position... none!:mad: (even if just a few of them will leave the army, the german helicopter industry does nearly not exist! just a few jobs out there)
At least if you stay in Germany. If you are willing to relocate... a bit higher! ;-)
just my two cents!

schrenki
28th Aug 2012, 21:45
I know that the german market is :mad: but i was rather thinking about the offshore companys. Or is it ridiculous to think about that opportunity? I read about that here. that there is a possibility to get a job as a low timer + IR . I dont think that too many pilots will leave the army. They have houses children an a good an safe jobs (with more or less flying time). The Civilian market is much harder in my opinion.

Helo-Helo
29th Aug 2012, 09:01
I know it's very crappy, but which part of the world or company is a good option to work as co-pilot for a low timer nowadays? (350 hrs cpl+ir)
Is it possible anyway if you're from Europe to move to the ME, Brazil or somewhere else when you don't have much hours?

Thx in advance

400hover
29th Aug 2012, 09:23
Brazil no... impossible... unless you leave for 3 years... neither the portuguese pilots go there...

Helo-Helo
29th Aug 2012, 09:43
I'm interested even if it's meaning leaving for 3 years.. And ME? Or other opportunities..?

DauphinDude
29th Aug 2012, 13:19
In Brazil you have to be a citizen and speak Portuguese. Also, they need captains more than anything else. Never heard that 3 years minimum thing though...

hueyracer
30th Aug 2012, 13:27
Next year I will get my CPL (H) IR

I very much doubt this.

The reason for you not getting a CPL(H) with IR can be found in BesAnLwAAbtFlBtrbBw_505_5101, Chapter 7, N° 706.

You need to have 500 hours total time (Sim-time does not count) to get a CPL out of your MFS(H)...

Besides that-with 103 hours-no chance.

schrenki
30th Aug 2012, 16:23
@hueyracer

Thanks, I know the regulations very well ....but sometimes even the Army changes something. You have a mail...

somesuch
30th Aug 2012, 17:15
Anyone got any thoughts on the Shell advisor job in Holland? What's the pay, prospects etc? Is it worth a move from flying? Cheers

See their advert in Flight. Been thinking of getting out of a rubber bag and the cockpit for a while. Any thoughts about this job? Pay, condits etc.

dodgy1
1st Sep 2012, 08:28
Helicopter Company in Indonesia is looking for another pilot with the following requirements

2000 Total

1500 PIC

750 Turbine

FAA CPL or ATP

AW119 Type Rating or Experience

External load Experience with 50-150 ft line

Willing to work in Papua with a 6/6 rotation.

Flights to home country provided.

Please email Chief Pilot - [email protected]

peterperfect
2nd Sep 2012, 11:14
Not sure this thread has ended up in the right section of PPRune.

The job advertised is a non-flying role for aviation advisers in the oil and gas industry; that could be either a F/W, R/W, engineer or pilot with the right background and skills ?

High Speed gennie
2nd Sep 2012, 17:44
I noticed that NHV is recruiting again for 332L2 pilots for their Den Helder, Netherlands operation.

Those slots were on their website some 2 months ago for a brief period and they are now back on.

Anyone able to explain? Should one stay away from this Company? Or are they expanding?

Ta

HSG

griffothefog
2nd Sep 2012, 21:43
Try going through their on line c.v. Download.... :eek:

139 jockey
4th Sep 2012, 08:51
Has any one heard anything about the short list for the 139 jobs in Brunei?It all seems disturbingly quiet, or maybe I am just a out of the loop. Bugger.:{

Milo C
4th Sep 2012, 09:39
Helicopter Pilot with Western Power Distribution | 1401347797 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401347797/helicopter-pilot/?deviceType=Desktop&cmpid=EMC%7cJOBS%7cNSJOB-Jobsbyemail&utm_source=jbe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2012-07-21&ProcessedTrackID=140255)

AvioCopter
5th Sep 2012, 20:05
I am FI(H) restricted and looking for FI(H) freelance job for go out of restriction. I have instruction experience as FI(A) VFR and IFR instuctor
in ITC flight school. Have CPL(A), ME/IR, CPL(H) and FI(A,H) and more
than 2800 TT of wich about 600 hrs on helicopter. I was flying R22, HU296
and SE313.

Regards to all.

Bravo73
10th Sep 2012, 11:10
A couple of co-pilot slots available at CHC:

No 1: https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/chc/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=13202

Qualifications:
Play a key role in CHC’s ability to set the standard for safety, helping to maintain our position as world leader.
500 hours total time helicopters.
Current JAR CPL (H) licence and ATPL (H) theory.
Type Ratied on a heavy helicopter for example Super Puma L2/S92
Multi Engine IR (H) preferred.
MCC rating preferred.

Working Conditions
The requirement is to fly the L2 helicopter (a multi-engine, heavy aircraft) day/night under IFR and VFR conditions, all year round.
Operations are normally conducted in the offshore environment to oil & gas installations and vessels of various sizes.
This role is based at Aberdeen
Some secondary duties involved with flying operations may be assigned.
The working routine is dictated by Company agreed roster patterns. Some weekend and/or evening work will be required.
The applicant is required to locate himself within 60 mins drive from his assigned base, during his on-roster periods. There are no ‘commuting’ rosters.

No 2: https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/chc/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=13292

Qualifications:
Play a key role in CHC’s ability to set the standard for safety, helping to maintain our position as world leader.
500 hours total time helicopters.
Current JAR CPL (H) licence or ATPL (H) theory.
Type Rating on preferred.
Multi Engine IR (H) preferred.
MCC rating essential

Working Conditions
The requirement is to fly the L2 Super Puma helicopter (a multi-engine,heavy size aircraft) day/night under IFR and VFR conditions, all year round.
Operations are usually conducted in the offshore environment to oil & gas installations and vessels of various sizes.
This role is based at an onshore establishment.
Some secondary duties involved with flying operations may be assigned.
The working routine is dictated by Company agreed roster patterns. Some weekend and/or evening work will be required.
The applicant is required to be based within 30 mins drive from his assigned base, during his on-roster periods. There are no ‘commuting’ rosters.
Closing date for all applications 7th September 2012

Although the requirements are slightly different, both appear to be based in Aberdeen.

P1DRIVER
10th Sep 2012, 11:19
B 73

I think your 3 days late for the deadline. ????!!!!!!! ;)

Bravo73
10th Sep 2012, 12:26
Ah, well spotted that man. You've passed the test. :ok:

:O

But I guess that somebody in the CHC HR dept needs a boot up the rear - they only sent out the email today!

apachefreak
18th Sep 2012, 09:48
Advertising: deleted

Senior Pilot

Bravo73
18th Sep 2012, 10:47
B 73

I think your 3 days late for the deadline. ????!!!!!!! ;)

FYI but those two positions (and others) are still currently 'live' on the CHC Career Opportunities website.

The '07/09/12 closing date' must have been a typo.

redragon
28th Sep 2012, 13:58
Anyone heard anything from Brunei Shell lately ? Their recent job ad closed over 2 months ago - been quiet ever since.

Thorond0r
3rd Oct 2012, 19:03
Hello there,

I am an european pilot with JAA license. Tired of my actual operation (HEMS) and looking for a change. I´ve checked already the north sea operators but I would not mind at all to go far away and get to see other cultures while working and getting a good pay; actually those are two of the reasons I became a pilot and currently I am not fulfilling any.

Everybody knows the big guys, I´d appreciate smaller operators not so well known to broathen my chances

Almost forgot. ATPL with IR/ME. Rated on AS365N3 and AW109.

Proffpilot
4th Oct 2012, 12:42
What are jobs for BH 412 pilot (Total 9700 hrs and 6500 hrs on type, offshore 5350 hrs) with current unrestricted ICAO ATPL(H) and Class I medical?

Rotorbody
15th Oct 2012, 13:22
Anyone have any details on ROP operations in Oman? Is there much flying involved or is it a lot of standby?

spinwing
15th Oct 2012, 21:01
Rotorbody ....

I suggest you PM "griffothefog" for detailed info on that question ...

slingboy
16th Oct 2012, 16:28
The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service has a vacancy in it's Air Operations Unit for an experienced EC135 Police Helicopter Pilot.

The vacancy has just been published on the Cayman Islands Government website:

Vacancies (http://www.gov.ky/portal/page?_pageid=1142,1941614&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&p_id=7097869&p_pagegroupid=2425)

The successful candidate must possess:-

Current Commercial Pilot License, with medical certificate (class 1 or equivalent)
Minimum of 3000 hours helicopter flight time, of which 1500 hours should have been pilot in command, with a minimum of 200 hours night flying experience
Minimum of 1000 hours of multi engine turbine flying;
EC135 type rating with minimum 50 hours experience
Experience in flying over water during day and night missions;
Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
Excellent administrative skills in maintaining and organising records, log books and other documentation relating to police flight operations and missions.
Previous experience in a Police, HEMS, SAR or Military role, with overwater operations experience.

Applicants MUST have an EC135 rating or your application cannot be considered.

Good luck! :ok:

helops
16th Oct 2012, 21:20
Go to the link:

Tourism based R44 operation Southern Africa (http://www.helijobsonly.com/index.php?post_id=416)

Best Regards!!!

WylieCoyote
17th Oct 2012, 16:41
Re: Cayman Islands Police.
I seem to remember this job coming up about 12 months ago, is there a reason why (good or bad) it seems to keep appearing?

handysnaks
17th Oct 2012, 16:51
When you first saw the advert the unit was just starting. I believe the vacancy is caused by the outgoing pilot moving to a training job in the UK.

EESDL
18th Oct 2012, 07:51
Somesuch
Did you apply to Shell?
Or are you back in the goon suit for the winter..............

EternalRookie
27th Oct 2012, 21:14
Anyone know about this operation? I sent a resume when this first popped up but haven't heard anything.

It's also listed here Tourism based R44 operation – Southern Africa | Helijobs around the world (http://www.helijobs.net/2012/10/tourism-based-r44-operation-southern-africa/)

FullTravelFree
27th Oct 2012, 23:36
Anyone know about this operation? I sent a resume when this first popped up but haven't heard anything.

It's also listed here Tourism based R44 operation – Southern Africa | Helijobs around the world

Call me the googlewizard.... the emailadress in the ad refers to this company.

Helicopter Horizons | Explore the world! (http://www.helicopterhorizons.com/)

Hope this helps you, I don't know any more than that.

EternalRookie
27th Oct 2012, 23:39
Thanks, I found that immediately from the ad too. I was hoping someone might know more.

somesuch
28th Oct 2012, 09:45
The money was laughable (90k EUR, 52% tax!) Can't imagine they will succeed in finding current pilots of any, er, "quality". I guess they are not what they used to be....or what I thought they were?

onesquaremetre
28th Oct 2012, 10:28
The money was laughable 90k EUR

Perspective not your strong point then?

CH274
28th Oct 2012, 15:29
The money was laughable (90k EUR, 52% tax!) Can't imagine they will succeed in finding current pilots of any, er, "quality". I guess they are not what they used to be....or what I thought they were?

52% tax? They offered 90k?

TorqueStripe
28th Oct 2012, 18:45
You do realize, if we are talking dutch taxes here, you don't have to pay the 52% over the whole amount, and if you are coming from abroad there is this handy thing called the 30% ruling, which allows 30% of the salary to be paid out tax free.

So if it is 90.000EUR they offered
the 30% ruling means you are paying tax over roughly 60.000EUR. The 52% bracket is only for the income above 56500EUR, and below you have a couple more brackets with 42% and 33% (roughly)

somesuch
28th Oct 2012, 20:55
Perspective is everything 1m2.... from left seat on equal time to office junior 5 days per week, every week, 90k is a joke. It's true that I wouldn't have to wear a rubber bag.....

As for the tax Torquestripe, you would be correct for any company other than Shell. Unfortunately, they have done a deal with the Cloggy govt so they keep the 30%. The employees get sod all of it. So that would be tax on the whole salary. You sign it all away when you join........

I am quite disappointed as I had heard they treated staff well, but I am not seeing any evidence here. I also hear they are losing people.

hueyracer
29th Oct 2012, 04:40
"Normal" pilots in Europe get paid up 300$ a day-only paid ON time, and only if flying as Captain-and these pilots WORK for their money (Utility flying).

HEMS-pilots make about 75000 Euro per year (before tax) in Germany.

Think again about your expectations...

CH274
29th Oct 2012, 05:59
I am quite disappointed as I had heard they treated staff well, but I am not seeing any evidence here. I also hear they are losing people.

What were your expectations?
I heard some just want to stay as it's pretty good. But what do I know. I'm just curious. Are they losing people?

onesquaremetre
29th Oct 2012, 07:07
There are parts of the Eurozone where one quarter of the workforce are unemployed. Your joke 90k could feed at least 6 families but somehow it's not enough for you. :hmm:

NRDK
29th Oct 2012, 07:44
Yes that may well be the case, but with the average mid seniority captain in the UK North Sea earning approx €120k and the Shell job probably looking to attract that sort of experience level. 90k is a big step back.

onesquaremetre
29th Oct 2012, 08:26
A step back maybe, but not a joke. That's just offensive.

S76Heavy
29th Oct 2012, 10:08
To some of us to be expected to accept such a big step back in pay and conditions merely for the "privilige" of working for one of the biggest companies in the world is offensive.

There will always be lesser paid professionals unless you are on the lowest rung of the ladder. That does not mean that it is acceptable to join the race for the bottom in terms and conditions.
If such a job "sells" for a salary that is not on a par with industry norms, it is setting a new and lower standard for all of us.

GoodGrief
29th Oct 2012, 13:07
HEMS-pilots make about 75000 Euro per year (before tax) in Germany.

I'd like to meet with those guys. I know pilots with the old ADAC contracts, not the trendy outsourced pilot BS that make just over €5000/month before tax and social insurances being with the club for more than one decade.

90k at 52% tax still makes you €3600 net/months, not too shabby. In Germany you're considered rich when you as a single person have more than €3418 net, no kidding.

hueyracer
29th Oct 2012, 14:01
5000 euro x 12 = 60.000 Euro.
Take into account the benefits (Meal/Uniform/other allowances) and you are already getting close to this.

They offered me about 6000 Euro/month (with 13th salary paid)....

High Speed gennie
29th Oct 2012, 14:27
Do they only require SAR captains? I would hope that with expansion you would require crewman as well.

Faithless
29th Oct 2012, 19:27
I would hope that with expansion you would require crewman as well.

Read the careers drop down menu of their web-site

redragon
31st Oct 2012, 19:46
Hey speaking of Shell jobs, anyone heard anything back from Brunei Shell lately ???
They were running an ad for AW139 guys back in July but since the posting closed it is all gone strangely quiet. Anyone with info on what's the status of that project ? or is it a done deal ?

AW139Driver
1st Nov 2012, 16:40
EASA is looking for a Rotorcraft Expert.

details:

https://erecruitment.easa.europa.eu/Home/DisplayVacancyDocument?referenceNumber=EASA%2FAD%2F2012%2F03 9

If all else fails
2nd Nov 2012, 01:02
HELICOPTER PILOT
Philips Search & Rescue Trust
Based in Palmerston North, New Zealand
The Philips Search & Rescue Trust has flown more than 20,000 patients sinceits inception in 1985, responding to emergency ambulance and inter-hospitalpatient transport requests from its five rescue helicopter bases.
Operating four Day/Night VFR AS350’s in Tauranga, Rotorua, Taupo and PalmerstonNorth and an IFR Bell222B out of Hamilton, our aircraft are outfitted with thevery latest in navigation, safety technology and role equipment.
We want to employ a full-time Helicopter Pilot in Palmerston North. This baseperforms approximately 220 rescue missions per year with a significant amountof search and rescue and mountain flying involving the use of the winch andnight vision goggles.
We are often tasked to respond in challenging environments and the successfulapplicant will have the necessary skills to join a team of elite pilots withfirst class flying skills and a proven track record of safety first.
The role also includes supporting the base manager and support staff withmaintaining and further developing relationships with our professional andvolunteer crew persons, the community as well as the funders of the service.
The successful applicant must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment and be highlyself-motivated.
This position offers job security, lifestyle and a competitive salarywhilst carrying out a task that makes a significantdifference to many people’s lives.
Required Qualifications:
2000hrs PIC
500hrs PIC AS350
Instrument Rating (A)
30 hours of night experience with Night Cross Country rating
100 hours of Part 135 experience
Excellent service delivery standards
Desired Qualifications:
EMS experience
Winch / NVG experience
Long line / vertical reference experience.
For more information or to submit your application, please email the ChiefPilot, Barry Vincent, at: [email protected] (http://www.pprune.org/[email protected])

righopper
2nd Nov 2012, 10:50
Rumour has it Bristow are looking for North Sea Pilots again. same requirements as last time, 500 hours Multi engine or Britow Academy Graduates along with current heli IR.

RH

Bravo73
2nd Nov 2012, 11:08
Rumour has it...

Well, they are definitely looking for FOs for Norway:

Job Description
First Officers- EBU00378

Description
Bristow Norway is recruiting for eight first officers due to increased activity at Sola and Brønnøysund.

Qualifications
- Valid JAR/FCL helicopter license: CPL-H
- Valid instrument rating for helicopter: IR/H
- ATPL theory
- 800 flight hours (helicopter)

Pilot selection planned for week 50: 10th - 12th December 2012.

Please contact Flight Operations Manager Jim Urianstad if further information is required.

Job
: Flight Operations
Primary Location
: Europe, Middle East-Norway-Stavanger
Schedule
: Full-time
Number of Openings
: 8
Job Posting
: Oct 24, 2012, 1:21:17 PM
Unposting Date
: Nov 11, 2012, 2:07:00 PM

jymil
2nd Nov 2012, 16:09
Re: Bristow '500 hours Multi engine or Bristow Academy Graduates': how do you get multi engine experience if multi engine experience is a requirement for the job ?

Bravo73
2nd Nov 2012, 16:57
Re: Bristow '500 hours Multi engine or Bristow Academy Graduates': how do you get multi engine experience if multi engine experience is a requirement for the job ?

Er, how about flying a multi engine helicopter for someone else first?!?

griffothefog
2nd Nov 2012, 17:07
Bravo73,

Cheap shot buddy, reading between the lines most of these questions are from low time guy's trying to get a break into twins. I remember how difficult that was way back when :D

righopper
2nd Nov 2012, 17:10
the Bristow Norway positions have been on the go for a while but I understand that this may be for work on the UK side.

Helo-Helo
2nd Nov 2012, 18:14
Anyone ideas or knowledge how the selection process Bristow (Nor) is like ?

rudestuff
3rd Nov 2012, 14:17
Does that mean that flying a Schweizer 300 around Titusville in the sunshine is the same as 500 hours multi-engine? Come to think of it, does being a HAI graduate count as being a Bristow Academy Graduate?

gulliBell
4th Nov 2012, 11:13
how do you get multi engine experience if multi engine experience is a requirement for the job ?

I hear you, but it gets worse. I have over 6000 hours IFR multi-experience and I'd like to get a job on the AW139 but I can't because I don't have 500 hours on type.

jymil
4th Nov 2012, 18:32
I have over 6000 hours IFR multi-experience and I'd like to get a job on the
AW139 but I can't because I don't have 500 hours on type.

Same problem on a different experience level. Apparently, there are enough candidates available on the market which fulfil these requirements. But this always means someone else did not insist on 500hrs on type and probably also covered for the type rating (I dont think someone's coughing up 60k EUR out of his own pocket). Otherwise nobody would be qualified for the job .. This is a bit of a conundrum of the helicopter industry to me.

Canadian Rotorhead
5th Nov 2012, 01:12
https://www.chlcrewsupport.com/Files_JobPostings/Captain%20%20EMS%20-%20Halifax%20nov%20201211012.pdf
(https://www.chlcrewsupport.com/Files_JobPostings/Captain%20%20EMS%20-%20Halifax%20nov%20201211012.pdf)

Captain / EMS

Classification: Captain

Canadian Helicopters Group specializes in helicopter transportation and related support services.
With bases around the world, it has fixed primary operations in Canada, Australia, New Zealand
and regions of Southeast Asia. The Company also supplies on demand support operations in
Afghanistan and Antarctica. Canadian Helicopters has been a leader in the helicopter
transportation services market for over six decades. It is known for providing the highest
standards of service and maintaining safe operations.

Description:

The Captain reports to the Halifax EMS Pilot Manager. This position offers the successful
candidate the opportunity to become an integral part of the LifeFlight, Nova Scotia aviation
component. A high level of professional conduct is required, in and out of the cockpit and during
all phases of the client interface. Challenging aviation weather routinely presents itself to pilots
operating in the Maritimes.
Finally, a firm appreciation of the unique nature of the LifeFlight culture and our multi-faceted
roles within this setting define this requirement for EMS Captain.

Responsibilities

Act as a pilot as per the open position, duties as per CHL EMS operations.

Any other responsibility related to the position.

Requirements:

Valid ATPL (H) License.

3000 hours Rotary-wing (500 hours PIC multi-engine) and endorsement on SK-76.

2 years’ experience in Instrument Flight Operations.

Valid PPC to Pilot-in-Command standards on type.

Valid Group 4 Instrument Rating.

Unrestricted Night Rating.

1 year of EMS experience

A history of successfully helping to facilitate client service delivery in the role of EMS First
Officer at the Halifax base will be considered an asset.

Preference will be shown to candidates with night / IFR flying experience in the Maritime
environment.

Hold a valid Canadian Passport or work visa prior to hire.

Applicant must have the right to travel to the United States.

Other requirements:

An interview with representatives of EHS LifeFlight is a formal and integral part of the selection
process. EHS LifeFlight approval of the candidate is a requirement of the position and any
final hiring decision is strictly conditional on such approval.

EHS LifeFlight has a mandatory helmet policy.

EHS has a crew Weight Policy, the details of which will be explained in detail to potential
candidates.

A Criminal record search will be conducted prior to hire.

Remuneration / Schedule / Work conditions:

As per Collective Agreement

Job Status:
Posting Status:
Reference number:
Posting Period:

Interested candidates are asked to send their resume by fax at (450) 452-3080 or by email to the
following address: [email protected].

Regular – Full time
Replacement
EMS-2012-02
st
From November 1 to November 14th

Canadian Helicopters is an equal opportunity employer.
The masculine in this document applies to both men and women.

CareBear
5th Nov 2012, 14:43
East African Company is looking for experienced offshore captains with current EC145 type ratings.

Must meet OGP minimum hours requirements.

Interested parties send me a PM for further details.

DonQuixote23
5th Nov 2012, 16:28
Regarding the Bristow jobs - does anyone have an idea of how many applicants they are likely to get for these positions? 10? 50? 500?

Helo-Helo
5th Nov 2012, 18:42
+ how is the selectionprocess at Bristow like?
Interview + psychometric + sim ?

Hope someone has advice, it's a dream to fly offshore!

WASALOADIE
9th Nov 2012, 14:38
Qualified Helicopter Instructors and Qualified Helicopter Crewmen Instructors | www.fbheliservices.com (http://www.fbheliservices.com/careers/qualified-helicopter-instructors-and-qualified-helicopter-crewmen-instructors)

FBH - but do you trust this company?

They make crews redundant at the drop of a hat and unfairly dismiss employees!

Gordy
9th Nov 2012, 15:37
Full Time/Long Term Utility Pilot

Redding Air Service
6831 Airway Avenue,
Redding, California 96002
United States

Job Location:
California Contact: Gordy Cox
[email protected]
Redding Air Service (http://www.reddingairservice.com)
Redding Air Service Inc. is accepting resume's for full time utility pilot positions in light helicopters. These positions are for our light helicopters with the opportunity to transition to mediums. We operate a Bell helicopters consisting of 206B3/L4’s, UH-1H and 212 models. We operate under part 133/135/137 and contract to various government agencies for fire suppression and Power Line patrols. We also conduct charters all over California and possibly beyond.

We are looking for pilots, who would like to join a long term partnership rather than just for a season or two, and we are willing to invest in the development of the right individual. You will be required to relocate to Redding, California. Pay and benefit package commensurate with experience.

The ideal candidate would possess the following minimum experience and qualities:

3500 Total Time
Good mountain flying skills
Good long line skills
Power Line patrol time
Able to work without direct supervision
Team orientated
Good computer skills
Excellent people and communication skills
Please e-mail resumes to [email protected], no phone calls please---I am NOT currently in Redding.

pohm1
16th Nov 2012, 06:11
Bristow Helicopters Australia is the largest provider of offshore helicopter services to the Australian oil and gas sector.

A part of Bristow Group, Bristow Australia is expanding its fleet and we are looking for Pilots to join us from 2013 as we help Australia develop its natural resources.

You could be touring to Broome, Darwin, Exmouth, Barrow Island, Essendon or Karratha (where we are just completing our significant investment in a new hangar and heliport facility).

There are also opportunities for overseas assignments.

You will be flying our fleet of EC225 helicopters, the AW139 or the S76C++. They will soon be joined by the S92. This is an exciting period to work for Bristow Helicopters as we invest in adding more new helicopters to our existing fleet as well as in the staff who fly and maintain them to the demanding Bristow standards.

This is a great career opportunity as we do not normally recruit openly. Our extensive apprentice scheme has delivered high quality staff for us in pace with our development and our staff stay with us. Success has led to contract awards in the future which mean that we now need to supplement our apprentices and current staff with external recruitment.

So if you have the skills and experience and want to be a part of this successful Bristow team, a distinction that is recognised in helicopter aviation around the world, then please apply to us now.

Please contact the Human Resources Department on
[email protected] if you have further enquiries.

P1

Tango123
16th Nov 2012, 19:38
Intaway Resourcing is currently recruiting for a number of Captains and Co-Pilots with the EC155 type rating to join our established and rapidly growing International Helicopter Operator.

All Pilots must hold a full JAA ATPL (H) License, JAA IFR (H)ME and Class 1 Medical as well as a current EC155 type rating.

Pilots will carry out offshore flights for the Oil & Gas Industry in the North Sea to rigs, vessels and platforms.

Immediate start dates available.

This is a permanent position based in Europe and Pilots will work a 7 day on 7 day off rotation however a 14 day on 14 day off rotation may be up for discussion.

Along with an excellent salary our Client offers benefits including access to a company pool car and accommodation when on duty.

Additional training may also be available subject to a bonding agreement.

Please apply today for further information.

Intaway Resourcing Ltd is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.

212man
16th Nov 2012, 23:22
Is Norwich fully manned now, then?

Tango123
21st Nov 2012, 07:54
UK VVIP Corporate AW139 Captain
Applicants should hold at least a valid UK/JAA CPL H (IR), preferably AW139 type rated and have a minimum of 3000 hours PIC and 500 hours twin turbine.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with onshore IFR operations and willing to undertake all aspects of the operation to the highest standards with minimal supervision.
AW139 type rating training will be offered to successful applicant subject to bonding agreement.
An excellent remuneration package is available for the successful candidate. Based in Northern Ireland, working 2 weeks on and 1 week off,
If you are interested in the above position, please send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
The closing date for this position is Monday 3rd December 2012

ShyTorque
21st Nov 2012, 10:14
Being eminently qualified to apply for that particular job, it's a shame that I've missed the closing date.... ;)

Camp Freddie
21st Nov 2012, 13:41
2 weeks on 1 week off is a bit old fashioned, I thought we were moving towards equal time now.

ShyTorque
21st Nov 2012, 16:28
Pilot retention problem? As I said, shame I missed the closing date ...... ;)

griffothefog
21st Nov 2012, 16:32
Targa,
No, they have a guy with an anal retentive disorder..:p

902Jon
21st Nov 2012, 17:50
Thats a shame Griff - you are so eminently qualified for this position :}

griffothefog
21st Nov 2012, 18:17
There's a salty taste in my mouth...:ok:
The only way is equal time rosters folks :ugh:

EESDL
26th Nov 2012, 14:49
Is it true that the sale of revolving doorsin NI can be described as 'buoyant' ?

somesuch
27th Nov 2012, 23:55
Sorry I have been off the grid from a few weeks, but feeling a bit better now, at last!

NKRD you are on the button. 25%+ pay cut is just not realistic. Also no duty pay or overtime, and I hear these guys are working their gonads off. They are short staffed. One guy went to BP for a massive payrise, apparently. I do not get very positive feeling for the future from the couple of guys I managed to chat to informally.

Pity, as I thought it could be a good fit, but seems they are losing their edge. I know they come in for a lot of criticism here, some valid, some not so valid, but they are clearly no longer the leaders they think they area.

The money sounds good to those of you who haven't been flying offshore N Sea for a generation, but it is crap in comparison.

I didn't hear that they had found anyone yet, but eventually there is always someone who will work for less than the rest.

BeeTee
28th Nov 2012, 13:30
Shame I missed the application closing date too! I really wanted to work there for less than a year and pay for a 139 rating!;)

Kusman
28th Nov 2012, 13:39
Good call ShyTorque! Is it true the Chief Pilot was the latest victim?!

-AW139-
29th Nov 2012, 19:29
Is it true the Chief Pilot was the latest victim?!

Yes the Chief pilot went August time I think. But from what I heard you can't say he was the victim more of the problem ?

101BOY
30th Nov 2012, 12:38
The Chief Pilot was the last but one to go, the replacement for the one sacked before him is the latest guy to leave about 8 weeks ago or so. Did the type rating and then 'let go' before they'd even taken delivery of the 139.

-AW139-
30th Nov 2012, 16:07
101 BOY

You seem very well informed := It can't be that bad a friend of mine has worked there for about 3 years and he loves it.

NRDK
30th Nov 2012, 16:31
:)does his last name start with H and end in aughey?

101BOY
30th Nov 2012, 16:51
I'm sorry, didn't realise there was problem with being well informed, maybe we should just keep it to unsubstantiated rumour to keep you happy Aw139!

Given that your friend works there you must be equally well informed. Touché

-AW139-
30th Nov 2012, 20:04
101BOY

The truth is fine with me :D but my understanding is that all the pilots that have gone from Haughey Air over the last few years, have been there own making in one way or another ?
I could list them but that would be totally unprofessional I think :ok:

Decredenza
2nd Dec 2012, 13:40
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but it reminds me of what seems to be a truism -

One pilot's heaven is another pilot's hell.

Hopefully everyone ends up happy.

BQCH53
2nd Dec 2012, 20:57
I am looking for some advice concerning the latest job advertisement for Bond aviation group:
Training Captains & Line Pilots Job in UK - Jobsite (http://www.jobsite.co.uk/job/training-captains-line-pilots-944796469)

Currently working as military instructor pilot on CH-53 (heavy transport helicopter) in German Armed Forces I am planing my conversion to the civil world. I am still totally unexperienced :\ concerning the civil helicopter offshore business and following this forum with high interest.

My question: Does Bond recruit also non UK-citizen ? On their website I got the feeling that they are kind of "UK only".

Bravo73
2nd Dec 2012, 21:21
My question: Does Bond recruit also non UK-citizen ?

Yes.

Although bear in mind that you will need to already have a JAR/EASA CPL(H) & IR or ATPL(H).

jymil
3rd Dec 2012, 18:34
.. and you gotta have permission to work in the UK (no problem for EU citizens). And be prepared to endure stupid british nazi jokes ;)

Faithless
3rd Dec 2012, 19:37
And be prepared to endure stupid british nazi jokes

:ugh: oh dear.........:= What a clown you are

pohm1
3rd Dec 2012, 19:37
british nazi jokes

I think the Nazis were mainly Germans ;)

P1

jymil
3rd Dec 2012, 19:42
C'mon guys, cheer up .. and don't mention the war :)

Fawlty Towers - Don't mention the war.mpg - YouTube

Harry O
3rd Dec 2012, 19:56
Nice one Jymil :D

Brilliant Stuff
4th Dec 2012, 13:59
Yes Bond do employ foreigners.

The constant reminders of the 1966 world cup is far worse.....:}:}:}:}

jymil
4th Dec 2012, 18:55
Here are some corporate positions for our american friends:

https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=26403&CurrentPage=11&sid=900

Captain-Rotary Wing Job Trenton, NJ | Careers In Pharmaceutical (http://www.careersinpharmaceutical.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/jobsearchdetails/jobid/42569/captainrotarywing-job.htm)

The latter job probably comes with benefits in form of blue pills :-)

BQCH53
4th Dec 2012, 19:08
Thanks for the encouragement !

Did a 4-month tour with a British infantry battalion in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan back in 2002.
As the only German (and their only rotorcraft expert) I was assigned as a german liasion. Lot of experience back then... :O
And a couple of (not to bad) nazi jokes...

With an JAR ATPL (H)-IR MCC in my pocket and the experience of a couple of unanswered applications I wonder whether my german origin or my military background is the main cause for not being successful so far with my transition in the civil world.

By the way I like Monty Python ! :D

Bravo73
4th Dec 2012, 19:24
With an JAR ATPL (H)-IR MCC in my pocket and the experience of a couple of unanswered applications I wonder whether my german origin or my military background is the main cause for not being successful so far with my transition in the civil world.

Neither of those elements should be an issue. There are plenty of military pilots and plenty of German pilots working, or have worked, in the UK offshore industry.

However, you will be in the queue behind pilots who already have a) the required type rating or b) offshore experience. Your 'heavy type' experience and instructor background will be very well regarded though, putting you ahead of others in the queue.

Additionally, you say that you are 'currently working as military instructor pilot'. How long until you will be leaving the military? The requirement for offshore positions is often very immediate (ie yesterday!) so some operators might not be able to wait months for you to leave your current position.

By the way I like Monty Python ! :D

You can't be all bad then... ;)

BQCH53
4th Dec 2012, 19:58
Thanks for the info.
I definitly lack the offshore experience and the type-rating. But I will work on the later.
Leaving military in 4 month and I will give myself 12 month to get a copilot seat with the "big boys" (S92, AW139, EC225). I am a fan of Sikorsky though.

If I fail, I have to earn my money with my master's degree in business engineering (2nd best idea).
But just started to look around. I have really not much to complain about so far.
Let's see what the future brings !
Again thanks for the advice! :ok:

Milo C
5th Dec 2012, 10:56
Maybe you'd like this one

S92 First Officers - Europe with Zenon Aviation | 1401353995 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401353995/s92-first-officers-europe/)

or

JOB | NHS - Norsk Helikopterservice (http://www.n-h-s.no/job-opportunities.asp)

or

Bristow - bristowgroup.com (http://app01.bristowgroup.com/careers/positions.php)

or

Cougar Helicopters || A VIH Aviation Group Company (http://www.cougar.ca/hr/applications/JobListingManager/inc_joblistingmanager.asp?ItemID=2&CategoryID=116)

just some options you could try...

Aucky
5th Dec 2012, 11:57
Has anyone else heard back from Mr Akinbobola about the Bristow Cadet Pilot (http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria/articles/mPScaumydc1/CURRENT+VACANCIES+BRISTOW+GROUP+INC+CADET) roles in Nigeria? And the first round of selections in January at the Sheraton, Lagos. His email ends with @bristowgroup.com but having not worked in Africa, or interviewed there I hope someone help in verifying it's credibility, or otherwise.

Thanks

Adroight
5th Dec 2012, 13:04
Just send him the money first. Everything will be fine.

wokkaboy
5th Dec 2012, 13:13
Just send him the money first. Everything will be fine.

Brilliant!

:D

Aviator609
7th Dec 2012, 05:58
Just send him the money first. Everything will be fine. :ugh:

Some guys haven't had the luxury as they start up to have seen the world like yourself Adroight. :yuk:

Aucky, read up on Nigerian 419 scams on Google. Beware of dealing "directly" with some "reputable staff members" of Bristow or any other employment companies in Nigeria.

I would suggest you contact the required helicopter company via their official website and deal with their HR, not some individual who has a "Bristow" email address.

Good luck!

TukTukDriver
7th Dec 2012, 06:32
Abu Dhabi Aviation are sending 5 Bell412's to Afghanistan as soon as possible (Early-Mid December 2012) for a new contract. They're looking for crews.
The aircraft are "N" registered (American) so crews will need an American licence.

Abu Dhabi Aviation (http://www.abudhabiaviation.com/)

212man
7th Dec 2012, 07:16
Aucky, regardless of the legitimacy of the individual you refer to, the Bristow Nigeria pilot cadet scheme is for Nigerians only!

Adroight
7th Dec 2012, 16:30
Aviator 69 - Chill.........

TheVelvetGlove
9th Dec 2012, 04:38
I am putting in for a position with Evergreen in Alaska.

I haven't heard much on here about them, however, I have heard much talk in another forum regarding pilots not receiving their per diem and expense checks in a timely manner...

Is there anyone on here working for Evergreen up in Alaska right now?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Aviator609
10th Dec 2012, 07:55
Aviator 69 - Chill.........

Sure, I will, untill it's your money on the line one day!:ok:

jymil
10th Dec 2012, 19:50
Here's a long lining job in Switzerland (in german):

http://swissheli.com/ma121207-sh-pilot.pdf

rewritable
12th Dec 2012, 16:49
Got what it takes to work for Bond Offshore? | Bond Aviation Group (http://www.bondaviationgroup.com/blog/takes-work-bond-offshore)

Saw this advert on facebook.

onceupon
13th Dec 2012, 22:51
you guy seem to know something about the 139 job, i'm looking to move out Finland after Puma grounding....is this job worth going?:confused:

TequilaMockingbird
19th Dec 2012, 14:15
I was on a job search website when I came across this:

Chief Pilot
The role consists running the AOC
and promoting the business.

Conducting flight training for one pilot.
Supervise and or conduct scenic flights from Rockhampton to the Capricorn coast.

You must have at least 500 hours and 12 months industry experience.

Rockhampton Helicopters

Source: SEEK - CHIEF PILOT Job in Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast (http://www.seek.com.au/Job/chief-pilot/in/rockhampton-capricorn-coast-rockhampton-capricorn-coast/23705037)

Has anybody heard of this? Will this be just a scenic flights business?

CaptainSAC
20th Dec 2012, 10:00
International Yacht Collection's crew department are looking for Helicopter Pilots now for their managed yachts and for other clients. Must have +5yrs experience to apply. Send your CV to [email protected] Good Luck.

Big Duke 6
21st Dec 2012, 13:47
FYI saw this online. Link is at the bottom.

Ref no:
NI 0000319_9063
Title:
Helicopter Pilot, Aldergrove
Date last updated by recruiter:
20/12/2012
Job type:
Temporary full-time
Salary:
£70000 - 80000
Additional benefits:
See Description
Tag(s)
that best describe this job:
Helicopter Pilot
Qualifications:
See Description
Contact name:
Judith Ragg
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Line Pilot Duties: *Line flying in police roles as and when they occur *Pre-flight and turn around inspections, daily inspections of the aircraft and equipment, refuelling and ground handling to ensure that the aircraft is at maximum readiness for operational deployment *Self-briefing regarding Notams, Meteorology, required security states and out of bounds locations for the area / route of operation *Pre-flight briefings of crew and passengers *Normal captaincy requirements as per the single pilot role Liaison: *Liaison with other line pilots and Chief Pilot in the briefing of non pilot staff in the ASU *Liaison with Police Observers during flights to ensure safe flights and that they can complete their jobs/tasks successfully *Liaison with Air Traffic Control Other: *Administrative functions as detailed by the Chief Pilot such as recording Flight Time Limitations and producing reports *Such other duties as may reasonably be required by the Chief Pilot

Essential criteria: *1500hours total time, including 1000hours PIC helicopters, of which 500 hours must be PIC overland in VMC low level operations *Minimum 500 hours twin turbine or 1000hours single turbine helicopter *100hours night flying, including 50hours PIC *JAR CPL(H) including EC135, BK117C1 or C2 type rating *Current class 1 medical.Minimum 25hours PIC in Single Pilot helicopters of similar weight in last 12 months.

Desirable Criteria: Previous Police Line Check. Experience of using Microsoft Office / Word/ Excel/ Outlook for the purpose of producing reports, recording Flight Time Limitations (FTLs) and email.

The above reflects the main elements associated with this position it is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.

Salary:

£23.28ph Monday to Friday
£29.42ph Saturday
£35.55ph Sunday

Plus £500 weekly allowance for expenses

Please note to apply you need to have lived and worked in UK/ROI for the last 3 consecutive years.

Helicopter Pilot, Aldergrove Grafton ESP, Jobs in Belfast - NIjobs.com (http://www.nijobs.com/Helicopter-Pilot-Aldergrove-Job-944063.aspx)

Helinut
21st Dec 2012, 16:33
This job or a very similar one appeared a while back. Presumably there is a similar temporary need for extra hands. If I was interested, there are a series of questions that the advert raises in my mind. Basically they want a typed and current police line pilot, but they don't say when or for how long. Any such pilot would need to fit it in around his other commitments.

It seems to be written by a HR bod, so things get expressed very differently from how would be normal in aviation, in my experience. Much easier, if they quoted a day or shift rate (or even a rate for a cycle of shifts on the roster).

I guess there will be few suitable candidates on the Emerald Isle, so non-chargeable flight transport costs will be a big variable that the job description does not allow a candidate to estimate.

CareBear
27th Dec 2012, 09:15
As the title says - please PM me for more details.

havoc
27th Dec 2012, 13:32
Noted this posting on jsfirm.com and thought maybe someone would be interested:

Management job at Boeing Company - Commercial Manager (http://www.jsfirm.com/companydetail.asp_Q_jobid_E_129532)