View Full Version : CPL- SEP land Rating

Nashers
3rd Dec 2008, 11:47
hi guys.

done a search but the only thing that i could find was in the FI forum and did not answer my question.

had my CPL issued a couple of months ago and had a look at all the rating dates. on my new licence my Date of Test for my SEP (Land) rating is the date of my CPL skills test, however the expiry date is the same as in my PPL. the has basicly given me a rating on SEP (land) aircrafts for 11 months.

i have called the CAA and they have told me that if they change the date, it will cost me 80 pounds, however i can get the examiner to sign my licence inorder to revalidate the rating from my CPL skills test day.

my question is why dont the CAA renew your SEP rating when you send of for licence application rather than just transfer it over from your PPL? the excuse i got was that the paperwork may not have been sent in from the examiner... i did my test in june and sent of for licence application in september....

thanks for your help!

Keygrip
3rd Dec 2008, 16:40
The examiner could have signed you up for 24 months from date of test at the time you did it.

Nashers
3rd Dec 2008, 17:08
i understand that. however when doing my CPL skills test, i did it on my ppl licence. i sent the paperwork of a couple of months later so the CAA should have had all the examiners paperwork already. the CPL licence would not have been issued for the examiner to sign.

ive spoken to my flight school already and will be renewing my rating by experiance as i already have the requirements. all they will have to do is sign the licence so im not worried how much its going to cost me.

i just find it very odd that the CAA will not renew your rating after a CPL skills test... unless you pay them 80 pounds... the CPL skills test should suffice for a renewal as well... what is the point of issuing an SEP rating for 11 months?