PDA

View Full Version : 'VOR' displayed in RED on Airbus

nurjio
2nd Dec 2008, 15:18
Fellow 'bus drivers/lovers...can anyone out there shed any light onto why the VOR legend, bottom left of the ND, (VOR 1) appeared in RED rather than white or green. We were on the ground, tight for time, (as ever), screened from the tuned beacons..... so, working on the basis the red is not good, I popped the cb and the reset returned things to normal.

Any clues?

nurj :}

edited to add:

Cheers

hetfield
2nd Dec 2008, 16:18
"OFF" ....?

tubby linton
2nd Dec 2008, 17:09
Red in an Airbus usually means it has failed

nurjio
2nd Dec 2008, 17:30
Off, er no. Failed, maybe, but wouldn't a failure provoke ECAM into life? Where's that list of every possible ECAM message?

borjavp
2nd Dec 2008, 17:38
VOR in RED means that the equipment has fail and nead to be repaird by maintenance. No ECAM will be displayed. This problem happened to us 2 months ago and I think this is what was done.

Alteburger
2nd Dec 2008, 19:04
Try FCOM 1.31.45 P20 'VOR Flag (Red) - If a navigation receiver fails, the appropriate flag flashes for nine seconds, then remains steady'

nurjio
2nd Dec 2008, 19:16
Alte...brilliant, cheers. bor....the cb trip cured it so it wasn't snagged. Hey, I'm still learning;

cheers

nurj :}

mnttech
3rd Dec 2008, 02:36
Where's that list of every possible ECAM message?
There are about 3000 messages, do you really want them? Of course, some depend on the aircraft setup