PDA

View Full Version : UK - Air Traffic Controllers Licence minimum hours

Conspiracy Theories
2nd Dec 2008, 15:09
Hi everyone

need a little help with regards to obtaining hard copies of the minimum amount of times that are done in order to keep hold of your licences.
i have something from 2005 and not sure its up to date but when i track it back to CAP744.....unless i am blind, the section i'm looking for i can't find.

If there is anyone out there that can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

niknak
2nd Dec 2008, 15:58
I'm not sure that there is anything in print, it just has to be in the unit SMS and having the safety case approved by the head of your regional CAA SRG.

As far as I can see, it's comensurate with the no of and type of aircraft movements at you unit, along with the way in which unit standards are maintained, i.e. how many LCEs are at the unit, do you do your own quality checks etc. or do SRG come to do annual checks etc.

I think it really comes down to the integrity of the unit SMS.

Dunregulatin
2nd Dec 2008, 19:48
CAP 744 App 1 page 9 para 17.5 is as near as you're going to get. As the man said, after that it's unit dependant and subject to SRG approval.

Conspiracy Theories
5th Dec 2008, 10:58
thanks a lot guys.....
i'm still looking and having found anything in the employee handbook and going to see someone else who might know.

thanks anyway, references were good