PDA

View Full Version : Global Supply Systems

Tiger8
26th Nov 2008, 16:12
Evening.

It has been pointed out elsewhere, that the last 3 FRA-PIK-ATL flights have gone direct FRA-ATL.
Have they pulled the plug on Prestwick, making it a thoroughly miserable year for cargo at the Ayrshire Airport? :{

icemel_aratt
27th Nov 2008, 08:06
Due to open skies its now not necessary to use PIK as a tech stop. The only time you'll see a GSS is when they have an engine to pick up, maybe once every other month.

Deep and fast
22nd Apr 2010, 10:51
Any news from the GSS operation?

Recruitment, leavers and business trends.

D and F :8

S44
22nd Apr 2010, 18:28
Certainly no recruitment at present, no leavers other than retirements for over a year now... business trends? a fragile recovery is probably the best way to sum it up....loadfactors are fairly good but yields are still weak.... as always are fortunes are in the hands of BA!

William A Bong
26th Apr 2010, 15:23
My info suggests that we will be recruiting in the next few months :ok:

However it will be for JAA licenced type rated pilots only for F/O positions, no non secondee direct entry commands and will be initally a six month contract, with a possibility of extention after.

CX256
19th Jul 2010, 14:22
Hello

Can somebody answer some of these questions please.

1.. What are the trip like. If someone could give me a example trip please.
2.. Do you start and finish at STN or is there alot of positioning down route.
3.. On gssair web page they say 18 day per month so is it something like 9 day trips twice a month.

THanks

CX256

21-Lancer
29th Aug 2010, 22:33
It would be very interesting to find out all that informations...
Can somebody reveal them?

MrHorgy
3rd Sep 2010, 11:14
I'm very interested in the recruitment side, I have the requirements they mention online, but is the advert an ongoing post or are they actually in need of pilots?

Also, I hear time to command is quite long, as the BA boys get first dibs. Is it a secure enough position that its worth me leaving a certain irish carrier also based at stansted?

Horgy

169west
23rd Sep 2010, 12:47
... anybody with good intel on the screening process?