PDA

View Full Version : Newbie With a question or two?

peterthomas
24th Nov 2008, 16:17
Hi all. Im new to the forum so please take it easy on me.

Firstly i have just passed my ppl. I passed this at stapleford. i now have a problem.

I have just moved to staines and need somewhere new to fly. My new local is now Fairoaks. As i understand it there are two clubs at the airfield?

Synergy who charge £180 For a Pa28? Way more than i can afford

And london transport flying club? But i no nothing about this club

A friend of mine told me about another private hire at fairoaks which is quite cheap?

Does anyone know anything about the clubs above? any advice would be great.

thanks Guys

Airbus Girl
24th Nov 2008, 19:05
Welcome to pprune! I'm sorry, I don't know about the aircraft for hire at Fairoaks, but I am sure someone will have the info for you.
Alternatively, you could try Wycombe Air Park or White Waltham? Wycombe is junction 4 of the M40 and WW is at Junction 8 of the M4. These flying clubs have websites: Wycombe Air Centre, British Airways Flying Club, West London Aero Club.

Duchess_Driver
24th Nov 2008, 19:34
Alternatively, try The Pilot Centre at Denham.

Only slightly further than Fairoaks, but closer than White Waltham and SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. Only £120 per hour for a PA28 - no fuel surcharges, no landing fees.

landed
26th Nov 2008, 09:27
Alternatively you could look at buying a share and reduce costs even further (depending on type and hours flown of course). There are plenty around at the moment and don't forget to add Blackbushe and Popham to your list of places to look.

XX621
27th Nov 2008, 19:11
Peter Thomas,
Check your PMs:ok:

NigelOnDraft
27th Nov 2008, 21:33
PT

As an owner I do not have to rent, so am no expert on the relative costs between the West London clubs.

However, as a WLAC member at White Waltham, the "club" / facilities / social aspects are not only in my opinion, but many others, second to none, it might rate a visit ;)

See Website (http://www.wlac.co.uk/index.htm)

NoD

Fright Level
27th Nov 2008, 22:02
And london transport flying club? But i no nothing about this club

The London Transport Flying Club (http://www.ltfc.org.uk/)