PDA

View Full Version : Is there still a requirement?

Stpaul
13th Nov 2008, 12:41
Is there still a requirement to say Localiser Established?

2 sheds
13th Nov 2008, 14:06
...or more precisely, according to Doc 4444,

"(Callsign) Established localizer".

Yes. Further from 4444...

8.9.4.1 "An aircraft vectored to intercept a pilot-interpreted final approach aid shall be instructed to report when established on the final approach track."

2 s

classicwings
13th Nov 2008, 16:04
'Report Localiser Established' Is still the standard phraseology ATCO's use, I presume.

2 sheds
13th Nov 2008, 16:11
"Report established" or "Report established on localizer" - depending on context of other phrases - all in 4444.

classicwings
13th Nov 2008, 16:29
All very important to say the exact phraseology in textbook fashion on ones validation board I'm sure, 2 Sheds.:E

chevvron
13th Nov 2008, 16:32
According to ATSSD in a letter to my unit, there is no longer a requirement when you say 'when established, descend on the ILS', but individual units may request it if they feel it is required.

SACrIGGER
13th Nov 2008, 18:57
Getting the pilot to 'Report Established' is a very good prompt to then transfer the aircraft to the tower frequency.

2 sheds
13th Nov 2008, 21:29
chevvron

Yet another example of SRG unable to get a grip. MATS Part 1 specifies - as per ICAO:

"The controller shall instruct the pilot to report established on the ILS or MLS localiser and, if necessary, shall continue to give heading instructions until this report is received."

About a year ago I queried with them the very point that you make and they said just the opposite of what you quote, and that the requirement still to specify "report established" had been omitted from the ATSIN "for brevity"!!

2 s