PDA

View Full Version : Books about Instrumentation / Inertial systems

MD-80
12th Nov 2008, 09:40
Hello,

I have searched PPRUNE forum messages & tried to google dozens of hours about the subject but it appears to be quite difficult to find material about Inertial Navigation & Inertial Reference Systems & technologies related to them.

I have some reference material (Oxford ATPL Instrumentation book, some pieces of pdf from the internet) already but I would like to get some more. So, I would like to ask if anyone here at PPRUNE got any recommendations about books on this subject (or about instrumentation books which include also INS/IRS)? I'm trying to gather more good knowledge about those systems.

The level of the books should be more detailed than ATPL instrumentation books (ex. Oxford) but I'm not however interested in any mathematics and too complicated. Something for pilots but a bit more in detail compared to ATPL material, AFMs & FCOMs.

One recommendation on this tech log forum was Bill Bulfer's FMC User's Guide - is it worth buying? I have also found a book called: Aircraft Instruments and Integrated Systems by E.H.J. Pallett - any opinions about this book?