PDA

View Full Version : Bfo 737 Ng Adf

Zoyberg
11th Nov 2008, 07:29
Just converted onto the 737 NG and can see no way of selecting a BFO ident...is this done automatically?

On the subject of NDBs can someone tell me what an * next to the freq means on a jeps plate (BFO...NDB)?

I know I should know this stuff but newbie...bear with me.

Denti
11th Nov 2008, 12:58
Depends on the ADF Panel installed i guess, we have several different ones in our NGs but all allow to select Tone to on, which is the BFO tone to identify a station. However we are not required to do so as the station is automaticly identified and that can be displayed on the ND.

spannersatKL
11th Nov 2008, 17:10
Denti
Is it possible to manually tune and ident the ADF as well?

BOAC
11th Nov 2008, 17:21
On the NG, as with other 737s, it has to be 'manually tuned' and can be 'listened to' but the a/c normally idents and displays the ident (by black magic). The problem is if it does not show an ident (not uncommon) then there can be problems with a BFO beacon in 'hearing' the ident.

Denti
11th Nov 2008, 19:20
No Autotune on the NG except for the "hidden" DME for the radio position fix for the FMC. So yes, as BOAC says you allways have to manually tune the ADF. And of course you can listen to it, your choice if with a BFO tune or without. In europe BFO is rarely needed so the relevant switch usually is on off (says tone right next to the switch, close to the frequency selector of the ADF).

BOAC
11th Nov 2008, 20:10
In europe BFO is rarely needed - apart from Les Francais, n'est-ce-pas?

Denti
11th Nov 2008, 21:22
Thank god we dont fly much there, only Orly and Nice.

Port Strobe
11th Nov 2008, 22:11
Willing to stand corrected but off the top of my head doesn't the * mean it's not H24?