PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa,

Capt H Peacock
24th Dec 2001, 23:22
Dear Santa,

Please could I have an airline job. Not just any job though, a job for a professional pilot. Could I please have a nice aeroplane with decent kit and well serviced. Could I have a nice route network with plenty of variety, with some interesting, and one or two challenging destinations.

Could I please have just one or two supportive managers, not a whole headquarters full. You know, the sort who just let me get on with the job and book my leave and pay my salary. I’d like to feel as though they’re on my side and that they’re not going to ram a cricket bat up my Harris when I’ve turned the other way.

Perhaps we might have a Chief Executive who trusts me to run the operation ship-shape and Bristol fashion, and doesn’t employ legions of accountants to keep an eye on me. Just a person who knows what they’re doing would suffice, you know, how to make millions without spending billions doing it.

Give me some hard-working, fun-loving cabin crew who haven’t forgotten how to have enjoy themselves and who don’t think of me as an expensive anachronism who’s soon to be locked away in the office where I can’t get in the way of running their aeroplane. Some happy people who, like me, rue the day that political correctness was invented.

Let us be supported by diligent and efficient groundstaff who stop the weirdo’s getting on and look after me when I’m going on holiday.

Let me work a fair roster that doesn’t leave me exhausted and bleary-eyed. One that lets me get home once or twice so that my kids know me and I don’t grizzle around like a bear during my days off.

But more than anything else, give me a job that still lets me enjoy the privilege of flying aeroplanes til I’m old and grey. Then let me retire on a pile of cash so I can age disgracefully, whilst reminiscing about the old times on the Riviera.

lots of luv

-----------------------

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/santa_2.gifMerry Christmas and a Safe New Year