PDA

View Full Version : FAA to Canadian ATPL

Flying Mechanic
8th Nov 2008, 19:17
does anyone know where i can get the study matter to do the Canadian exams.Any help appreciated. cheers FM

highalti2d
9th Nov 2008, 20:44
I've been looking for the recommended study subjects for you, it is somewhere on the transport canada website, but I can't seem to find it just now.

However, i did the exam in June, and it is mostly Air Law and mostly the differences between US and Canada. ie What is the RVR equivalent for 1/2 mile vis?
a 1600 RVR
b 2400 RVR
c 2200 RVR
d 2600 RVR

I remember this one because it almost got me...

It doesn't take long though... what does take a long time is for the US to share the information and validate your US ratings.... it took them almost the entire 90 day period until I received my TC licences.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask... PM is probably best.

floppyjock
10th Nov 2008, 16:01
Hi

Can you help.

Ive had the ok from the FAA and TC to let me know I can go and sit the exam. But how do I book an exam date. Ive called but get an answer machine. Ive e-mailed but had no answer and its been 3 weeks. I dont want to just turn up as Ive got to book a flight from the UK.

Floppy

TRey
10th Nov 2008, 21:00
I just wrote the ATP conversion in Toronto. All I did was call the day ahead and asked if I could just show up, they said sure thing. I found that the Toronto office is much more friendly than Montreal and that they actually want to help you get through the process.

floppyjock
11th Nov 2008, 10:47
Hi TRey

Thanks for that. I,d just like to get in touch with them before I book my flight.

Cheers

Floppy

TRey
11th Nov 2008, 20:18
One thing I forgot was that Toronto only writes the exams on Mon. Wed. and Fri

Flying Mechanic
28th Nov 2008, 10:27
thanks for the replys , i am planning to do the exam next year.