PDA

View Full Version : Airside Perimeter Access Gate

springbok234
4th Nov 2008, 15:32
Hi All,

I am trying to find EUROPEAN UNION examples of airports where a GA apron (ie flying clubs etc) is outside the airside perimeter fence, where an ATC (or similiar) operated gate is used to allow access of fixed wing a/c taxi-ing to the runway.

I am studying the feasability of this option, so if anyone can help....please do?!!:bored:

Many Thanks
:)

chevvron
4th Nov 2008, 15:45
We used to have something like this. A civil bizjet terminal was opened on a government owned research airfield which up til then operated military aircraft. It was on the airfield but in an 'enclave' separated by a fence and a pair of gates. There was a road running between the bizjet terminal and the airfield proper. ATC had control of traffic lights and half barriers to control road traffic, and the gates were electrically operated on runners also under the control of ATC. There were two CCTV cameras scanning the gates to ensure the road was clear before an aircraft passed through the gates as the terminal was over a Km from ATC.

springbok234
4th Nov 2008, 15:51
THANKS VERY MUCH.....where was this???

hvogt
5th Nov 2008, 12:56
Hi Springbok

At Airbus's aerodrome Hamburg Finkenwerder (EDHI) the apron is devided from the manoeuvring area by a public road. Since it is a private aerodrome and PPR is required there is not much GA traffic. However, I have heard that they have a company owned flying club there, and I know that you can see many light aircraft on the field.

Here you can see a picture (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Northwest-Airlines/Airbus-A319-114/0396457/L/).

I hope this will help with your study.

SilentHandover
5th Nov 2008, 15:57
Chevvron is talking about Farnborough/FAB/EGLF

Fosters
5th Nov 2008, 16:23
Not anymore, public road now re-routed around back of delivery centre hangers.

Fosters