PDA

View Full Version : What is the current PPST (PPRuNe Standard Time)?

Chris Scott
4th Nov 2008, 13:59
Hi John and all,

Not sure where to ask this question, but is anyone else getting confused about the timings of theirs and others' PPRuNe posts since the UK clocks went back to GMT?

As I write this, the posts all seem to be annotated with times based on GMT+1. The same applied yesterday until after midnight, when they suddenly corrected to GMT. Since the early hours, they've gone forward an hour again.

WIHIH?

Chris (Posted at 1459z)

BOAC
4th Nov 2008, 14:46
That is YOUR choice, CS.

In User CP:

Time ZoneAll timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below

Chris Scott
4th Nov 2008, 15:40
Hi BOAC,

Thanks for explaining that. You've reminded me that I selected permanent GMT when I joined. The reason that I've only just noticed this phenomenon seems to be as follows:
Until a few weeks ago, I could never view any posts - using this PC anyway - until I had logged in. Now I can view posts on all public forums without logging in, and so now I often don't bother unless and until I want to post. THAT, I now realize, is when PPRuNe time on my screen is changing to my chosen GMT.

When I'm viewing here in England but not logged in, PPRuNe time is currently GMT+1. Would that be the same for everyone worldwide, or is it something to do with a setting on my PC? [My PC clock stays on GMT all year.]

Apologies if all this is boring and general knowledge, but I couldn't find it in FAQs.

BOAC
4th Nov 2008, 16:15
.....sorry CS - I'll have to pass that one to SD.

Luap
4th Nov 2008, 21:16
When I'm viewing here in England but not logged in, PPRuNe time is currently GMT+1. Would that be the same for everyone worldwide, or is it something to do with a setting on my PC? [My PC clock stays on GMT all year.

When you are not logged in, you get a default timezone that is set in the configuration of the forum software. Everyone worldwide who isn't logged in will get that same timezone.

When you log in, you will get the timezone you have set in your profile.

john_tullamarine
4th Nov 2008, 21:16
in addition .. the site was having some date stamp problems a few weeks ago and I'm not aware if that has been rectified completely.

OzExpat
9th Nov 2008, 12:16
Of course, you can always do what I do... check PPRuNe every 2-4 weeks (after setting your preferences to your local timezone). I find that this works for me though, for me, it's a matter of necessity because I don't need a daily "fix".