PDA

View Full Version : Medical in Nigeria?

30th Oct 2008, 17:32
Anybody know what happens in the medical for a Nigerian 1st class? I have a 1st class FAA med, Im wondering how similar they are. My only current restriction is corrective lenses (contacts).

AlternativeProcedure
30th Oct 2008, 18:03
Like most other ICAO class one medicals, if your eyesight is good enough for FAA class 1, you really shouldnt have a problem with the NCAA class 1.Goodluck

MamaPut
30th Oct 2008, 18:36
You'll find it's pretty much the same as the FAA medical. In fact 2 of the approved medical examiners I know in Lagos are also FAA, JAA and Canadian medical examiners. You'll have the usual BP, pulse etc. plus urine and blood samples. Audiogram. If you're over 50 you'll have an ECG every 6 months and if over 60 a stress ECG every 2 years. The eyesight is pretty standard, but you won't be allowed to wear your contacts for it. Take them along and tell them you normally wear contacts. You can do some of the test wearing your spectacles, including the reading card. You also have a color blindness test every medical and if you haven't done a medical here before you'll have to do a peripheral vision check.

I like Doc Frank Kupa at the Okupa medical centre. He's got a new modern clinic just for aircrew medicals at the back of his regular clinic. He's a pretty regular guy and very friendly and helpful. He does medicals for CHC and Bristow pilots, has a lot of family in USA and can keep your FAA medical in date for you.

31st Oct 2008, 00:59
"and can keep your FAA medical in date for you."

thank you! I think thats the best information I have recieved on pprune!