PDA

View Full Version : EY time frame to get an offer

NineInchSnail
30th Oct 2008, 16:10
Hi Folks,

How long does it take in average to get an offer from EY after the interview?

Thanks

NoJoke
30th Oct 2008, 17:36
For me it took 5 weeks. I believe that is the average. Good luck.

frieghtdog
30th Oct 2008, 18:09
six weeks for me , blood work and security check takes a full month.

good luck

long-gonner
31st Oct 2008, 01:14
What does the medical exam consist of?

NineInchSnail
31st Oct 2008, 02:08
blood and urine work, EKG, chest x-ray, eye exam

saviboy
31st Oct 2008, 03:51
I heard that Ey was getting very selective lately (2 hired out of 12 candidates) and classes are offered for next summer

:ouch:

goriding
31st Oct 2008, 14:10
This seems to vary with each group. In my group 2 out of 8 made it. A couple weeks later every one in the group made it. We were told by a Checkairman or Instructor with two pilot students (don't know which he was) in the sim center that "at this point you are only competing with yourself, Etihad will hire all that are qualified."

It does not make sense to set an arbitrary failure rate for a group of interviewees. The company spends a fair amount of time and money assessing each pilot that comes in the door. Hotel costs, Blocked airline seats for travel, Medical costs etc.

Bluebaron
7th Nov 2008, 10:53
I filled in the application for 777 F/O. I have around 5000 hours mostly 757/767 time and am not rated. However I got an automated reply saying I don’t meet the recruitment requirements?

The only thing I can see it that it states 777 rating PREFERED?

Don't really want to apply for airbus but will it make a diff as they seem to need more airbus guys than boeing??

Any guesses?

BB:confused:

darth sidius
7th Nov 2008, 19:16
Chq Hawian Air For Japan Air Jobs Both Pax And Cargo 767. They Are Growing Fast Airline Owned By Ana Group Lax Base Accepted Nrt Operators 20by10 Day Roasters Seems Interesting.

Hapy Landings

AFD
7th Nov 2008, 20:51
can i ask you guys how long is the average time for an interview invitation after filling in the application form?
thanks

Laker
9th Nov 2008, 15:05
Seems like it's running at least 1 month from filling out application to being called for an interview....I've heard that all interview slots are full through the end of 2008. Good luck!

AFD
9th Nov 2008, 15:34
ok so probably i will need to wait much more then 1 month,because i completed my application on september 25 but if you say that all slot are full,i need to wait for an empty slot maybe in the next year isn't it?

Bluebaron
10th Nov 2008, 11:23
i Think my problem was down to there being no 777 recruitment, only airbus. I have submitted that so will see what happens.

Also noted that they are advertising in flight this week.

Laker
10th Nov 2008, 16:21
what is the meaning of "they are advertising in flight this week?" In flight as in cabin crew?

AFD
I think the road show they recently conducted in the states may have backed things up quite a bit.

AFD
10th Nov 2008, 18:48
I think the road show they recently conducted in the states may have backed things up quite a bit.

what do you mean exactly?

RemoveB4Flght
10th Nov 2008, 19:18
Etihad came to several cities in the United States that serve as hubs for many of the major carriers and set up dozens of interviews from late september through november

NineInchSnail
10th Nov 2008, 20:04
That's correct, All the interview slots until the end of the year are filled with people who attended the US Road Show this summer and who are currently typed on the airbus.

For the Boeing guys they will be interviewing for the 777 fleet next summer. Hang in there and you'll get the call

AFD
10th Nov 2008, 22:07
i'm rated on airbus 320 with 5000 hours on type and i applied in last september
how long do you thing i have to wait?
do you have a prevision?
i didn't have any road show yet

Laker
10th Nov 2008, 22:30
No idea how long you'll have to wait. But from what I hear if you interviewed today you would not be in ground school till May or June.....

Bluebaron
11th Nov 2008, 13:59
"what is the meaning of "they are advertising in flight this week?" In flight as in cabin crew?"

no for airbus rated flight crew. (Flight International Magazine)

RemoveB4Flght
20th Nov 2008, 17:10
Has anyone who has sucessfully made it through the interview been contacted recently?

saviboy
20th Nov 2008, 19:58
a friend of mine just got the acceptance letter. it had been about 7 weeks after he interviewed.

PAMPA2000
30th Nov 2008, 22:01
I have been to the road show in NYC back in August 21st 2008, met with Theda Friedman and a Captain Recruiter, can't remember his name. Anyway, they told me I qualify for their direct entry captain position and that they were going to call me for an interview somewhere in Nov.
Never heard back from them, they never responded to my emails inquiries, and if that wasn't enough, I can't login to see my app status.
Can anyone help?