PDA

View Full Version : Serco Abu dhabi pay rise ????

Rice Whine
25th Oct 2008, 11:14
I heard a rumor recently that serco would be announcing new (big) payrises for abu dhabi to make them more competatitive in the world market.
Does anybody have any news about it?
Is it time to put in an application?
Can I finally afford to leave this gloomy, miserable place with its yellow tinged permanent overcast and move on to sunnier climes?

Funk
26th Oct 2008, 04:29
the grass is definitely not greener my friend, we have already been told to dampen our expectations :(

Rice Whine
27th Oct 2008, 18:45
Typical GCAA treatment of the staff, i.e. as coolies.

I thought serco was separate from GCAA.

Funk - are you saying that the promised pay increases are not going to eventuate?

Funk
28th Oct 2008, 11:30
Funk - are you saying that the promised pay increases are not going to eventuate?

I am sure the pay rise is going to happen just not to the level required. The biggest problem and disappointment is the accommodation especially when compared to the rest of the Gulf.

prowler
28th Oct 2008, 12:20
Rumourson Abu Dhabi Airport Contract have been going round in circles for a long time now, but apparently it is true that a GOOD Payrise is on the Cards come January 2009.....

If it's AS GOOD as up North next door, one has to really:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Also rumoured that an ex-SERCO personnel is working 'hand in hand' with both GCAA & ADAC to kick SERCO's a** away form the OMAA Contract.....:ooh:

Regarding 'our' payrise for January, we are surely gona be diappointed, as from the SO CALLED Meeting with uncle E, AS USUAL his hands ARE TIED, just partnership & a load of crap as in all other meetings!:ugh:

BlueSkye
29th Oct 2008, 07:51
Serco are in a strong position this time round.

If the comments made by some that even if the contract is not awarded nobody would be out of a job is true, this would be the perfect opportunity to go in with lawyers, guns and money. Make it a 'take it or leave it' type negotiations. Take it = Good. Leave it = -20 ATCOs. Sometimes just the threat of violence is enough. And still I have a sneaky suspicion they're going to drop the ball. You after all don't want to upstage "The Chosen Ones" up the road.:E

Please Serco, prove me a pessimist.

After all, he is not far short of pension(if he had one)able age.

I am prepared to make a small donation in order to expedite this. I'm sure a couple of others would follow suit.

2 Dogs
29th Oct 2008, 19:34
a GOOD Payrise is on the Cards come January 2009

Where did the January date come from?
We were told that there would be no raise until the start of the new contract (contract extension) in April.
I for one will not believe any of it until it appears on my payslip ... and even then I will check with the bank before celebrating, if there is anything to celebrate.

Funk
29th Oct 2008, 20:12
ACC contract is up in Jan 09 airport is later in the year.

camelsroamingfree
31st Oct 2008, 19:41
If the housing allowance is over looked again we are screwed. All GCAA direct hired staff is only a phone call away from being evicted (for whatever reason) and then the resignations will increase.
I don't want to leave........:{

LACCATCO
9th Nov 2008, 13:54
Hi guys,

Am currently at Swanwick looking at coming to Abu Dhabi but it seems that there are two employers - GCAA and Serco.

I know what GCAA are offering but whats the deal with working for Serco out there? Any people employed by either got any advice?

Also any new guys out there? How you finding it?

Any info would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance:D