PDA

View Full Version : same questions.......

it.pilot737
22nd Oct 2008, 20:08
If you have a couple of minutes for me I should have a question.......

1) During lift off how can you manage an eng stall? I mean..... (if the flight path is not a problem...) Do you
wait until 400ft and than call for the ck list or we can retard the lever by recall......What you think will be the
most correct actions?

2)How can you consider an elec failure on an Airbus aicraft? Can we conider that failure as a warning of
any heavier latent failure? so....... taking off from FRA and approching the Atlantic....should you continue
across the ocean?

lomapaseo
22nd Oct 2008, 23:31
If you have a couple of minutes for me I should have a question.......

1) During lift off how can you manage an eng stall? I mean..... (if the flight path is not a problem...) Do you
wait until 400ft and than call for the ck list or we can retard the lever by recall......What you think will be the
most correct actions?

Hadn't we already covered this today in this section?

Screw the engine, fly the aircraft to a safe altitude and then think about the engine. Don't even think about grabbing throttles during lift off if you grab the wrong one it's too late

ITCZ
22nd Oct 2008, 23:55
Screw the engine, fly the aircraft.
Agree.

Airbus says so itself, in its own briefing materials on engine abnormals, which specifically addresses compressor stall. If you don't have a copy, and you operate Airbus, your flight department should have a copy.

Fly the aeroplane, not the engine. Establish a safe flight condition. Fly the aeroplane away from the ground.

A Comfy Chair
23rd Oct 2008, 03:27
Mr Boeing (quite logically) says do not retard the thrust lever for an exceedance on takeoff after V1 as it invalidates takeoff performance. Fly to a safe height (Minimum 400ft AGL) and then deal with the problem.

This should all be in your manuals...