PDA

View Full Version : ATC in Serbia

Idegix
19th Oct 2008, 03:41
Morning all,

First time poster here but long time reader. I've been wondering if the Serbian authorities would be interested considering a 26 years old non citizen with a month old TWR rating with no experience and prior validation? Oh and yes, I do speak the local language, since I am coming from a neighbour country.

Feel free to PM if more convenient.

Much appreciated.

Superfluous
19th Oct 2008, 12:20
Hello Idegix,
As far as I can recall (don't work there any more) nationality is not mentioned as a requirement for employment with SMATSA (Serbia and Montenegro Air Traffic Services Agency). Actually, only the DG himself has to have Serbian nationality, so that is not an issue. However, I believe you'll have to wait for the new aviation law, since the old one (still in force) does not recognize neither ratings, nor endorsements, only the "valid license". I've checked the draft version of the new law and it says that successfully finished training in a foreign training center "might be recognized, if such a training match the training that exists in Republic of Serbia". Still, even more important, then the law, will be podzakonski akt (jbg, ne znam engleski naziv) "Personal licensing", which will determine all the requirements for issuing a license, with rating and endorsement.
Don't want to be negative on the issue, but, I have my doubts on successfulness. Anyway, if that's something you really want, go for it! I'll try to dig some more information and will PM you as soon as I get them.
All the best
S.

SINGAPURCANAC
20th Oct 2008, 11:32
I've been wondering if the Serbian authorities would be interested considering
They aren't interested in anything,especially to give an employment to someone outside the system. Good luck with attempt,but I am pretty sure that it will be wasting time.
they have enough controllers,not too many airports and conditions that could attract enough young people.
Great country opened for everything except for aviation. Still middle age.:ugh: