PDA

View Full Version : Qatar ATC

Radar Contact
17th Oct 2008, 16:11
Hi guys,

Would like to know the provider of ATC in Qatar and their contact information.

Regards,
RC

lc_461
18th Oct 2008, 08:32
Not sure who they are, but all Qatari approach & area is done from Bahrain.

zkpjm
18th Oct 2008, 08:47
Doha only has Approach and Tower and that's done from Doha.

Fox3snapshot
18th Oct 2008, 09:14
You need bo**ox as big as a Brahman bull to take on the challenge of Doha Approach, grossly understaffed, underpaid, over worked and carnage at the peak hours with the Qatari rush.

My hat goes off to those that are left there, watching the chaos unfold on a daily basis leaves me thankful that I am not on that side of the fence. Look after yourselves out there! :uhoh:

Radar Contact
18th Oct 2008, 12:30
Hey,

I know all of that and I have the bollox LOL - Any of you got a contact info for me?

clipped_wings
18th Oct 2008, 17:23
Last report is they are down to four radar controllers and a SATCO to cover 24 hours plus leave and days off.

I'll leave it to you to work out the implications but word is you better have a good bladder.

Radar Contact
18th Oct 2008, 17:44
Thanks Clipped_wings but could you please help me with the contact information?

SU-GCM
18th Oct 2008, 18:20
Maybe you would be interested in contacting the civil aviation authority there

Civil Aviation Authority
Telephone +9744557333
Fax +97445571105
P.O Box 3000, Doha, Qatar
E-mail [email protected]

::: Civil Aviation Authority ::: (http://www.caaqatar.com/english/contactus.html)

CuitoCuanavale
19th Oct 2008, 04:45
Just a quick note - six radar controllers currently with two under dual and about seven on the way. Current Salary is QR35000.00 per month with exceptional accommodation paid by the QCAA. Incidently, this salary is immediate and not dependent on probationary periods (i.e. - successful validation). There is no real esoteric qualities required, other than being challenged during peak hours.

BlueSkye
19th Oct 2008, 09:14
Can you elaborate on the accomadation a bit. Type, location etc.

CuitoCuanavale
19th Oct 2008, 10:23
All 3 to 4 Bed Villa's. Fully furnished, inclusive of all electronic appliances...TV's etc....in some cases, right down to irons and ironing boards, .....one of my previous Villa's even had brand new sets of cutlery available. On site (resident) support & maintenance teams - which is essential during summer periods as a/c's are never switched off. Superbly maintained pools, club houses with Gyms and with fairly large foyers. Not that it is required, but since the expat attacks in Saudi in '04, most, if not all Villa's have CCTV. Double undercover parking. Most Villa's seem to be chosen on basis of access to schools/main roads, mine is in the Al Nasser area, which makes it centrally located with the new fly-over about 600metres away....but yet is still extremely quiet. QCAA pays between QR22000 pm to QR25000 per Villa, dependent on which compound it is located. I believe the selection for each new employee is generally coomon in methodogly in that you will be given the keys for all available Villa's in all compounds used and then it is left up to you to decide which one you want.

BlueSkye
20th Oct 2008, 18:57
Hau, Eish!!

lc_461
21st Oct 2008, 09:29
Just a quick note - six radar controllers currently with two under dual and about seven on the way. Current Salary is QR35000.00 per month with exceptional accommodation paid by the QCAA. Incidently, this salary is immediate and not dependent on probationary periods (i.e. - successful validation). There is no real esoteric qualities required, other than being challenged during peak hours.

Are kids school fees included?

CuitoCuanavale
21st Oct 2008, 20:01
No, school fee's work on a pay/claim back basis...it is provided for over and above the Salary.

Funk
22nd Oct 2008, 10:17
Do you do conversion courses for Area Radar to Approach?

Gotta start putting out the feelers, Serco UAE ACC contract finishes in 2 months and even if it is renewed it will be sans Villas :}

Could even save me a coupla thousand riyals/dirhams I spend each year flying over for the World Superbikes and MotoGP? :ok:

kijangnim
22nd Oct 2008, 12:36
Greetings,
I fly often fly to Doha, and I have a lot of respect for the work done by ATC, very very chalenging but very very well handled :ok:
Please keep it up guys :)
(they badly need ground freq :ok:)

CuitoCuanavale
22nd Oct 2008, 16:38
Tks for the kind words ref ATC effort,....yup, the envelope does certainly on occasion become somewhat elastic.

Ref conversion courses, to current date, no, however, that does not translate to all is lost. If you have an App Radar Rating but have yet to validate it or it was on a previous occasion validated, but has since lapsed....well lets just say negotiating with a rating, current or not, is still a strong vantage point.

From a personal perspective, whether from an En-Route pool or App pool, ATC's that wish to be successful at OTBD need to have worked traffic loading between at least 35 to 45 p.h. There are sessions where this mark is substantially overshot, but from a trainability approach, ATC's with the aforementioned experience should adapt easier.

Our in-house sim is ops ready, but due various reasons has not been used. This is shortly to change such that benchmark App radar exercises (site specific or generic) will be promulgated and used to assess trainability of prospective controllers.

arctic radar
11th Nov 2008, 10:33
CuitoCuanavale,

Check your PMs.

Thanks. :-)

arctic radar
18th Nov 2008, 13:19
CuitoCuanavale,

I have sent you another PM my friend. :)

CuitoCuanavale
19th Nov 2008, 05:41
To all who have PM'd me, all PM's read and responded to. Apologies for only doing so now.....it was the first free time I have had.

arctic radar
2nd Mar 2009, 10:34
CuitoCuanavale,

Check your Pms. :)