View Full Version : When PFLs go wrong

PompeyPaul
17th Oct 2008, 08:18
Woner how come he ended up there, did the PFL go short or wasn't there anywhere else to try ? Personally I'd rather go for a motorway than a lake.

PFL into lake (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7475864.stm)

ChampChump
17th Oct 2008, 09:01
Full details of this are on Flyer forum. It wasn't a Practised forced landing and the pilot didn't want to be there either...

modelman
17th Oct 2008, 09:11
PP wrote:

Personally I'd rather go for a motorway than a lake.

Nice one,let's take out a few cars as well or is this more humour that does not come over very well either with ASCII?

MM

Katamarino
17th Oct 2008, 09:15
He landed in a field which proved to be too short, went through the hedge/treeline, and was surprised to be confronted by a number of ducks. I believe the ducks were equally surprised, if not more so.

PompeyPaul
17th Oct 2008, 12:28
Nice one,let's take out a few cars as well or is this more humour that does not come over very well either with ASCII?
We've discussed this to death in the past. It's about evaluating the risk, putting down in a lake, or putting down on a motorway. I'd take the motorway everytime ESPECIALLY if it were at night (for the anal retentives here that is with the massive disclaimer of traffic jams, heavy traffic etc etc)

PompeyPaul
17th Oct 2008, 12:31
He landed in a field which proved to be too short, went through the hedge/treeline, and was surprised to be confronted by a number of ducks. I believe the ducks were equally surprised, if not more so.Just listened to it with audio and found that out. Ouch.

FlyingOfficerKite
18th Oct 2008, 20:53
I bet he was squawking too! lol

FOK :}